Author Topic: Review request forum?  (Read 18067 times)

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
Review request forum?
« on: August 10, 2009, 11:50:02 pm »
Hello powers that be  ;D
I am just wondering if it is possible to have a review request forum or thread somewhere?
There are lots of recipes I'd like to try but would also like to hear about others experiences with the recipe.  I know there is the review thread and some reviews in the actual recipes and these are extremely useful.  But sometimes you can't find a review anywhere.

Just a thought...
Narelle

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Review request forum?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:38:45 am »
Hi Narelle - seems like a good idea - there are lots of recipes that possibly have been made by users here, but never reviewed.

So, I have placed it in the Requests section and hopefully we will get some more reviews/tips on the recipes available.

Thanks - I know I tried to get reviews going before - JD won a book thanks to her efforts there.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:57:52 am »
Narelle, you will find most people using this forum don't do reviews which is disappointing.  If you look at Best Recipe's forum, sometimes they have up to 30 reviews which is what I would love to see ours build up to but how do you get people to do it  ??? ??? ???  I can't wait to get onto the computer to let people know what I thought of a new recipe but there seems only a handful of people doing it at the moment.

We have a recipe book tweaking and reviewing section under Tips & Tricks but reviews for forum recipes are best done under the posted recipe as it gives new users a chance to see what others had to say about the recipe and how they altered it etc. I always print out the recipes I want to do sometime in the future but usually check back to the original posting to read comments made since I printed it out.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:03:58 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 12:49:59 pm »
how do you get people to do it

No idea lol.  I thought perhaps by asking for a review if there isn't already one, someone might come forward and do it.  It was just an idea I had.  In reality it might not work.  Some people won't feel the need to get other people's opinion before cooking it, but unfortunately I do, for some things anyway.  Main meals etc I prefer to see what people think.

Try and see I guess!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 12:55:53 pm »
I see your point Narelle - wasn't quite with it when I read it.  You want to be able to ask if anyone has done a recipe if there is NO review and are hoping this will bring them out of the woodwork.  Could work, yes I am with you now. Sorry, I misunderstood.  I would love to see more reviews - it would certainly encourage people to do a particular recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:09:24 pm »
can't you just post on the thread and ask?
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 01:12:20 pm »
That's a good idea.  I guess a "has anyone made this and what did you think" post would do the trick.  :)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 03:45:46 pm »
I think it would do the trick, yes.  It would certainly get a lazy me to respond  ;D  Unless I find a recipe I try either appalling or fantastic, I rarely bother to review (sorry).  And even if it was appalling I might stay quiet rather than risk hurting someone's feelings.  But if someone specifically asked, I would always give an answer.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline containergirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 04:59:03 am »
I love the review posts.  It is amazing the diversity of experiences we can all have with the same recipe.  The sponge you could wipe the bench with that some produced with the same recipe compared to the light and fluffy one others have found and the 'risnotto' as my family dub 'failed' risotto.  Right off to do my review on the muesli bars I made last week  :D
Senior Princess
Pimlico Palace

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 09:15:54 pm »
I really like other's reviews too. I always jump on the forum if I have chosen a recipe from one of the cookbooks, just to see if anyone has any suggestions. I do try to post my own reviews, but as Caroline said I am a bit hesitant to say anything too uncomplimentary.

I have posted a few questions about recipes I plan to make - but this always requires forward planning and/or patience, which are not always my strong suits in the kitchen.
Kerryn

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 11:17:31 pm »
Like Caroline I don't tend to post reviews and wouldn't like to hurt someone's feelings if we didn't like it. Having said that I needed to read reviews this week for some recipes from the Indian book as I was making quite a few and wanted to make sure they were all good. This has made me realise the importance of reviews and will be posting reviews in the future so others might benefit. Just need to remember to do it!  ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 12:10:41 am »
Don't worry girls we are all foodies at least and we all have different tastes. I would hate some of the recipes I see here but others would love them. Probably few would like my really hot chilli recipes and I don't much care for sweet things. That is the beauty. Nobody gets upset here if you do not care for their recipes. We do what we do  and chop and change a recipe to suit our tastes.

I am sure we are all  big people here who  don't mind a little  tweaking .  This forum is all about just helping a very diverse group of people enjoy the Thermomix.

The other thing too is the climate we work in. Some recipes definitely need tweaking  in the tropics.  Other things need changing in the cold. I have to remember to take the flour out of the fridge and some cold climate people probably some need to let bread rise in the oven!

All good fun this  sharing.

Gertbysea
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 01:37:45 am »
Just a thought, no idea if it would work.

Under each recipe post there was a box you could tick if you have made it and this then takes you to a review section with simple questions to answer. You could answer by stars.

EG
Taste
Ease
Tweaks

Etc.

I hope this makes sense  ???
DG xxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 09:01:36 am »
I think it's good to review others recipes. It's ok to say you don't like it and give a reason. We can be kind about it and there are ways of saying things that aren't hurtful.
AS Gretchen said things often need to altered to suit others tastes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 10:09:42 am »
I think some people thought my liver wurst recipe was vomit worth! It probably was. LOL!

Gretch
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.