Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371325 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #855 on: September 17, 2014, 12:38:50 am »
Sorry was typing on the iPad last night. The consultant didn't say directly to the machine, she was saying it was going to be by way of a chip.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 17, 2014, 03:10:58 am »
What a bonus the new TM5 has been and will no doubt continue to be to consultants as they now have completely new customers and existing customers wanting to upgrade their machines as well. A free machine for selling three in September? Easy Peasy one would have thought given the strong demand and existing wait times. How many consultants are there in Australia? Multiply the number of consultants about to receive a free machine by the price per machine equates to a very significant sum tmx Australia are having to 'pay'. Must mean a pretty sizable profit margin in there I guess. I love the machine don't get me strong, I just don't like how it's sold/ distributed. My two cents worth.
From Perth WA

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 17, 2014, 04:44:51 am »
still waiting for me TM5, money was paid a week ago.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 17, 2014, 05:10:32 am »
Hmm! I think the wait time for delivery of new TM5 is very poor service especially when they have deducted the money.
Poor planning on a poorly executed release of the new model.
I really dislike the direct selling model used by Thermomix in Australia.
I won't be updating in a hurry!

stacelee

« Reply #859 on: September 17, 2014, 05:30:41 am »
I could understand taking the whole payment if the machine was to be delivered within a couple of days....if they know there is going to be an extensive delay, surely they could take a deposit to secure the order instead of complete payment.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the machines out to people.  My sister-in-law is thinking of getting one, but I think she is going to hang off until the current debacle is over...her sister has been caught up in the new vs old machine saga....she received her TM31 just before new machine was announced and is now waiting to see what happens.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 17, 2014, 05:53:46 am »
I could be wrong, but I think it is not precisely legal to transact payment before the item is either ready for immediate despatch or already despatched, unless you have agreed to such happening.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 17, 2014, 07:43:28 am »
I'm pretty sure all that legal terms and conditions that are a page long on the other side of your order form that you agree to will cover all of that legal stuff.

Offline Bon

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 17, 2014, 08:47:09 am »
Anybody got this page so I can check ,think its a cheek to deduct your money and then make you wait with no clear time frame " sorry no idea when you will receive- huge backlogs ".

I have decided to order a TM 5 but do it with a slightly sick feeling as I have 3 friends caught up in this launch debacle .It just continues to get worse with such poor handling by the company. I do also feel somewhat pressured to buy now in case there is a big jump in price when the REAL  " sorry but we can't tell you what it will be" price comes out.

Thought when I finally had saved up to afford one it would be a happy occasion, but I'm now embarrassed to tell my friends and hubby is less than impressed I that I am getting involved with a company about to be a case study in how not to release a new product!

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 17, 2014, 09:04:21 am »
I ordered last Tuesday and it was processed on Thursday. I was in contact with my consultant saying the money had been taken from my account. She was so lovely, offering to transfer money to my account until delivery.
Really, if waiting for delivery of the TMX is the worse thing that happens to me, I'm living a great life.  ;D ;D
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 17, 2014, 09:29:09 am »
Great attitude Michele.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cacher12

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 17, 2014, 11:42:13 pm »
I think one of the problems with the delivery delay and the higher cost of machines is the delivery method.  I've just recycled my tm31 box and noticed it had been posted to my delivery consultant.    Using Australia Post, especially fro WA is expensive and slow.

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 18, 2014, 12:16:08 am »
I know what you mean Bon. I have just cancelled my demo - was going to put an order in for 3 (for a business) but I can't rec. them now and as I was the one pushing for them I am just not going to take the responsibility in case we need any customer service from TMX in the future - as it is patently obvious that the company doesn't know the definition of it. Anyway - talking to Robot Coupe tomorrow and will also look at Hotmix. Which gives me a chance to play with new machines too ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 18, 2014, 01:13:34 am »
While I'm not a fan of the sales model, I've had fantastic service from the Melbourne office when needing new blades and just asking general questions as I haven't had a consultant since abut 6 weeks after purchase. I'm also very happy with the product, even companies as big as Apple have problems with new releases and sell out of products. Like Mich if this is the biggest problem i've got in my life then I'm a very happy person.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #868 on: September 18, 2014, 01:19:31 am »
Had my demo last night. Had 6 friends, 5 who have not seen a Thermi in action. The consultant is a dear friend so I was comfortable inviting these newbies. I ordered mine at the end and paid in full. She told me that there was a 20 day delay - doesn't concern me as we leave next week for a 24 day trip to Hawaii so I am not worried about the delay. 2 of my friends are 99% sure they are buying one but have booked in another demo next month first.
Kylie

Offline WG

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 18, 2014, 01:53:11 am »
I would be happy to add that I think for the most part everyone on this forum leads a happy life.   We are not suggesting that our happiness lies in the hands of the new TM5,  our frustration,   not our” happiness” is  merely the way in which the new release has been handled.

It certainly doesn’t equate to good business practice.