Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371516 times)

Offline sammysmith

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #300 on: September 03, 2014, 03:44:54 am »
I saw the pic. But was wondering if anyone had posted that pic on Thermomix in Australia's facebook page and what the reaction was?  I am not on facebook (refuse to be lol) I can only see public pages.

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2014, 03:49:02 am »
Im in the road to loving my thermomix on facebook and there is allot of cranky people and im one of them . lol

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2014, 04:24:26 am »
Is this the pic of the new machine that you've seen? I've been back through the pages a bit, but haven't come up with a picture. This one was on a FB page.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:26:10 am by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 03, 2014, 04:30:14 am »
Thats the one. I really like the look of that. It doesn't look as bulky and by the looks of it it has a pop lid which would be great.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2014, 05:02:57 am »
This is the page that Gert posted the photo. http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=15417.225

Just scroll down a bit.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2014, 06:01:35 am »
Oh this thread is just getting better and better.

Popcorn anyone?  ;D ;D ;D

Cookie...you can come and angrily do my ironing if you like  ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2014, 06:32:12 am »
Would you believe I tore the ironing board cover? It was pretty rotten anyway. I was angry about a couple of other things too and now I have to buy another cover.  ;D but no, Nikkit, I won't do yours.  :D :D

stacelee

« Reply #307 on: September 03, 2014, 06:36:11 am »
It will be really interesting to read the posts on Saturday once the "event" has happened...if the new machine turns out to be only $50 more than the old, I can understand why people would get very upset...if there is a few hundred different and they are still going to sell the current model, it might not sting as much.  Personally I'm really hoping that they take advantage of new technology and put in more precise temperature control and a higher temp....I'd love a bigger bowl and even the ability to load a recipe into the machine and how incredible would it be if you could bluetooth to it....or even better wireless connectivity....can you tell I'm a geek.

Roll on next week...new Samsung phone, new Samsung watch, new Thermomix and new iSomething...

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 03, 2014, 06:49:43 am »
I have been resisting , don't vent your anger ,  :(  I love my thermomix but I'm really disappointed in Voerwork as a company, very deceitful , I think they should have announced that a new model was coming out , had a run-out of the  old and given people a choice to wait for the new model, I'll "say" no more, just "think" it.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #309 on: September 03, 2014, 06:50:20 am »
I posted the pic on my FB page and a friend who's a consultant has messaged me to ask where I got the pic from. She's said they have big training in Perth this weekend, but hasn't been told what it's all about.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline AHAL

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 03, 2014, 06:50:33 am »
I ordered my Thermomix on the 21st. The night before my demo I received a text from my consultant:

"I have just been told we are running low on thermomixes and they project we will run out tonight for a bit. I just though I would let you know as we could order yours tonight, you can think about it at your demo tomorrow and I can cancel if you like up to 10 days or once used. Feel free to give me a call..."

I asked when she was expecting they will be back in stock and the response was:

"They are unsure. I think not until the end of the month (Aug) They said this will be when the update would be. You can still order in the meantime it just will mean there will be a wait...and a back log, but you will be at the front of the line."

...So I said thanks but I think I will wait, I'm not in a rush and I want to see it in action first before I make my decision.

I did order it on the 21st at my demo, I didn't smell a rat or think there was a new model or anything, I was thinking it was common for Australia to run out of stock and wait for a new shipment since it is German made.

I am outside the cooling off period, but no credit card charge has been taken out and I have only had a little info from my consultant since finding out that there could be a new model on the horizon.

I asked:
Any word on when I can expect my Thermomix? and what model will it be?

Answer:
No news yet sorry. Lol there is only one model that we know about ;) I believe everything will be all good ;).

The winky faces have me speculating I could possibly be getting the new model, but I am prepared to be disappointed with the current one.

What do you guys read into it?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:58:07 am by AHAL »

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #311 on: September 03, 2014, 07:45:03 am »
You may very well get the new model. Orders are now being taken for the new model.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 03, 2014, 07:45:27 am »
Honestly I don't know why  people are upset. It is normal business practice. Also it is typical that the "independent" consultants were the last to know. A whole lot of BS I say. If I was a consultant  I would see all the "clues" . That they would "run out" of machines is laughable. Come on peeps. If many of us figured it out last April then you can bet the  consultants knew.and were forbidden to tell though they should not have outright lied. Of course they wanted their sales . They want to make money like everyone else and they have targets to meet and incentives to earn and they all want a free trip to the next freebie. Just business.

Instead of relying on what is said look at what has been done in the past few  months. It was all out there. If you bought a machine recently you would have had access to the same info as everyone else and held off until Sept.

I don't blame the consultants I must say but not to know makes me think some are pretty stupid.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 03, 2014, 07:46:31 am »
AHAL you should receive the new model. I hope you do.

Offline curlycoat2

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 03, 2014, 07:49:10 am »
According to others in your position AHAL your cooling off period starts after any payment occurs so you may be lucky.  I have fully paid but not received so I am now 2 days out of the cooling off.  By the way I ordered 20 August and apparently I got a thermomix

I think Cookie1 it is deceitful.  If there is a new machine, I am not sure that I am even interested in supporting a company that does this sort of business with its customers.

I will seriously be thinking of ALL my options after Saturday when we know for certain if there is a new machine or not.

I have found the lack of transparency with their own consultants, let alone their customers highly stressful whilst I wait to see just how this all pans out.  The complete disregard for me as a consumer has been very telling of their company ethics we aren't discussing a $50 T shirt and to be honest i probably have more rights to return that T shirt than I do the Thermomix at $1939.00

Its an appalling disregard for their consultants who will feel the flak and their customers as well.