Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371743 times)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2014, 06:29:38 am »
From what I have heard CL's know nothing and GL's are making out they know nothing!

6th Sept is the Road Show (big hoo hah launch) date, new training starts on the 8th for CL's .

So that's 10 sleeps to go.

Waiting waiting waiting!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2014, 07:13:54 am »
Yup big road show with toffs a comin'.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2014, 09:39:15 am »
Ooooh nothin' like a toff at a road show Gert!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2014, 10:16:01 am »
Ain't that the truth Nikkit. Had lunch with the Mayor yesterday for Seniors week. Lovely meal at the Hilton. I was totally surprised when they all wanted their photo taken with him. It was like a riot. Everyone wanted to shake his hand and say thank you. He even had to tell us that he got a good price at the Hilton. I wanted to say he could have paid $5 more and given us a glass of wine. I had to point out to a few that it was actually our own rates that paid for the meal. Ya think the mayor paid for it out of his pocket. Duh! 

Ya should have seen them like hounds to the fox to get to the crappy cake . Some had seven bits in their plates and those were the  women who were more mobile than the men. Of course they ran out and many were left with no cake. Fancy that?

If it had not been a Red  Hat 'do' as well I would not have been there.

Oh bugger this is entirely the wrong thread Back to the rumours!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:43 am »
Oh Gert,  :D ;D :-))

Offline sammysmith

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2014, 11:55:34 am »
Hi, I'm not too sure what is allowed to be posted or not. (regarding links) I've been following this thread with great interest.  There have been a few interesting forums i've followed (thank you google translate!)

Very interested to find about this link regarding a Patent listed (publicly) by vorverk. Check out the images!  Im so tempted to put on the thermomix facebook page to get their response but it seems like they will not deny any new model.  Here in the UK the current offer is incredible.  An extra Bowl, Blade & Lid set Plus 3 cookbooks.  In Australia, the stock has run out.  They are still taking orders but are not taking money until new stock is confirmed.  Approx 4 - 6 week wait.  Interesting.  I think it is very unfair to customers and consultants if it is true there is a new model.  Also would they expect new consultants to have to purchase new machines?

Anyway, check out this: (filing date april 2013)

http://www.google.com/patents/DE102013103297A1?cl=en

and this one but my french is very limited.

http://fr.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?CC=WO&NR=2013150045A1&KC=A1&FT=D&date=20131010&DB=fr.espacenet.com&locale=fr_FR

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:58:39 am by sammysmith »

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2014, 12:04:43 pm »
There have been a few patents out there. Public knowledge. Here is another http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20130815ptan20130206771.php

Been going on continually by Vorwerk as they have developed the alleged new machine

Good one sammy.

Gert

Offline thenorthern

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2014, 01:34:27 pm »
I had planned on buying one this week and was told there was no stock.  My consultant did the right thing and remained tight lipped regarding a new model, I'm sure they're being kept in the dark, but she didn't really entertain the rumours regardless.  Although we're waiting, obviously, because there's no stock...  I hope it's a new model but I will be very disappointed if it's significantly more expensive, because I've budgeted 2K and want one rather impatiently.  It will be a shame if it's more and I can't even get a TM31 after the new one is released, either...

I can't really imagine what the changes will be, although the bigger thermoserver would suggest a bigger bowl.  Maybe more sensitive temp control and hopefully a more sensitive scale?  Other than that, I really can't imagine. 
Soon to be owner from Melbourne, Australia.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2014, 11:12:51 pm »
Looks like you have found the shape of,the new machine?  The operating buttons at the bottom don't look to user friendly for my arthritic hands.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 28, 2014, 02:22:57 am »
The drawings in the patent don't inspire me to run out and buy a new one and the layout of the buttons etc doesn't look like there will be new functions.

It will be interesting to see what happens. 

I would love to get another bowl set for my machine but if they are changing everything that probably won't be possible now.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2014, 02:39:27 am »
I'm glad someone understands the drawings - they sure didn't give me any hints as to what the new machine will look like  ;D  I'm happy to wait and see a picture once it's released.

I can't see why you won't be able to buy another bowl for the TM31 Den, spare parts for this machine will be available for a very long time I was told.  That's all I was told, no-one in authority will confirm a new model is imminent despite all the information available on the net.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2014, 03:07:10 am »
Don't take everything you see in that patent as gospel. Vorwerk,has lodged many patents for the Thermomix and not all of them are used in the buliding of any particular machine. Normal business practice.  I am sure we will all be very surprised. That is ......if there IS a new Thermomix being launched.

Gert

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2014, 04:11:10 am »
If there is a new machine and it has some new and improved features I might eventually consider buyinig one and taking my existing machine to our Perth unit.  I have looked at second hand TM31 machines for sale on Gumtree.  The prices some people are asking for a 2-3 year old machine, I have ony one thing to say "Tell em their dreaming".  ;D

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2014, 04:33:36 am »
No such thing as a free lunch Gert - you are right, you all paid for it somewhere along the line.

I agree Den, although IF a newby comes out, maybe the oldies will drop in price?

Maybe I'm dreamin'!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2014, 04:59:49 am »
they'd have to - the old supply and demand thingy... previously no one was parting with them and they could ask a slightly lower than new price (a brand new car depreciates a lot more when you drive it out of the car yard than a Thermie  :-))). Even though I love mine to bits I still think they shouldn't ask so much for a second hand appliance
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand