Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371905 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2014, 11:31:09 pm »
who would sell, and upgrade. I have 2 thermie machines do I need a third. :o
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2014, 11:39:05 pm »
PPPFFFTTTT!!! Not me. I want to see what all the fuss is about and get the gremlins out before I'd consider buying another one.

But then I have 2 in my kitchen, so don't reaaaallly need another one!  ;D

Offline Fenix

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2014, 12:49:21 am »
First post, Hi !

The thought of buying a TM has come and gone a few times in the past 5 years and I mentally made the decision about 6 weeks ago. Being a 30 year old IT nerd (male (Sydney)) who loves his gadgets I did some digging into TM's vs HMP vs Thermochefs vs Breville vs Kogan's one and everything else I could find.

I came to the conclusion that:
a) I don't want to buy an inferior product by saving a buck which will just annoy me and I'll end up buying a better one 6 months later
b) I don't want to take a chance on another less reputable brand for the same (if not) more money.
c) I don't want to import a TM to save 10-20% of the cost and have 0 support
d) Did some research and took a punt on a new TM model coming out and I was right !!! (hopefully :))

So yes I've been eagerly checking this thread for news because it seems to be the only useful resource I can find, just thought I'd chime in with my two cents and let you know that I'm eagerly waiting in anticipation :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2014, 01:21:47 am »
Hello Fenix and welcome to the forum. Glad you have made the right decision. It is all wait and see now..

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2014, 02:57:47 am »
Welcome Fenix.

Go make a cuppa (or pour a beer/wine/whatever you drink...) sit back and await like the rest of us.

could take a couple more days, so best you have a good supply  ;D

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2014, 04:07:37 am »
I saved quite a bit of $ buying mine from Germany. If a newer "better" version gets released, I would have no hesitation in buying again from Germany. Having no consultant isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me (then again I do have a friend who is a consultant but haven't needed to bother her in the 2yrs I've owned thermi yet).

Man, I will be in 7th heaven if there is a new iPhone and a new thermi all released in Sept / Oct LOL.
Kylie

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2014, 04:33:40 am »
And the Thermomix Aus website is currently undergoing maintenence. ...
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2014, 04:35:05 am »
Welcome Fenix. We are all awaiting the news. At least you don't have to wait very long to find out if there is a new model coming out. I have a thermomix and another thermal cooker in my kitchen. I much prefer the thermomix. There is nothing basically wrong with the other one, the thermomix is just my preference.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2014, 05:03:02 am »
Just to add to the gossip...they are updating the website this afternoon to a new look...wonder if that has any significance :)....I'm not waiting for the new iphone to come out but for the new Samsung Note....the iphone would have to be something very special for me to go back.  I love the form factor of the larger Note.

I am agonising over the possibility of a new thermomix...there is a new commercial machine being released soon that is really tempting me...whatever I do, Tom (TM31) will not be leaving home.

Offline Fenix

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2014, 06:39:02 am »
Hi all, thanks for the welcoming :)

Yep totally no rush on my end, hopefully it comes out in the next 4-8 weeks but as long as it comes out sometime this year I'll be happy. I think I'm breaking the mold in convincing my girlfriend how awesome it will be when I/we get one as opposed to the other way around (which I keep seeing as a recurring theme on sites/forums about the TM).

@kyton
Did you have to do any weird power conversions once you got your TM from Germany? Not sure if the TM has a fixed cable and you just get a converter for the plug into the wall or if you can get an AU cable straight into the unit?

... also yes I am awaiting the new iphone this year and going to Bali at the end of September for 2 week holiday so it's spoil spoil spoil at the moment. In case anyone wasn't sure about the new iphones it's been pegged that the new ones will be a 4.7 inch version and a 5.5 inch version. The current 5/5s is 4 inch so even the base size of the iphone 6 will be noticeably bigger.

Happy Friday !!!

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2014, 06:48:00 am »
I would rather wait and find out how good the new TMX before investing in the latest gadget. I am in no hurry. The current one is great!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2014, 08:08:58 am »
I'll happily buy a second hand TM31 when the "TM41" comes out and everyone is selling their old machines. ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2014, 08:14:47 am »
Seems they have now been warned about social media. I wonder if they check their phones. LOL!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2014, 08:41:59 am »
The new website explicitly states the price too...
http://www.thermomix.com.au/how-to-purchase/price/
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2014, 05:53:56 am »
Another interesting quote.

"My thermo rep in town has put a hold on selling them until sept I think there is def something going on"

Gert