Author Topic: Quirky Cooking - Vietnamese Fish Curry with Sticky Rice page 126  (Read 5209 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I cooked this for our dinner tonight and we all thought it delicious.The only problem I had with the recipe was the fish ( I used Cod) disintegrated into the sauce and the lemongrass tangled around the blades. ??? I will certainly cook this again.
Pumpkin is very seasonal here so I used Butternut Squash which is available all year round.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 07:37:26 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Quirky Cooking - Vietnamese Fish Curry with Sticky Rice page 126
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 12:45:49 pm »
Denise, we consider Butternut Squash to be pumpkin here! It's called Butternut Pumpkin...  ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 12:49:08 pm »
Thanks MJ :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 12:35:16 pm »
We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. I didn't have the problem with the lemon grass but after reading CC's review left it in big pieces.  I didn't do well in choosing my fish - I ended up cutting quite a bit of it off as there were a lot of bones though it still stayed in pieces and didn't disintegrate when cooked. Was a tasty dish and will make again.