Author Topic: Quirky Cooking - Tomato Bean Soup with Mini Meatballs (page 99)  (Read 7043 times)

Offline JuicyFruit

• View Profile
Our third night eating out of the new book and another great success!

The only alteration I made this time was to add about 3/4 of a cup of frozen corn kernels at the end as we like a thicker minestrone, and the only thing I will do differently next time is to mix the meat & herbs/spices a little longer because I bit into one that must have had a pocket of cayenne pepper in it  :o

Very flavourful, quick and easy, hearty & filling = a great autumn/winter meal  ;)
Linked CC
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:01:34 am by Cornish Cream »
~ Clare

Offline Domesticgoddess

• View Profile
Re: Quirky Cooking - Tomato Bean Soup with Mini Meatballs (page 99)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:49:22 am »
I made this last night and it was just perfect! and so filling which is rare for soup. Mine made 5 big bowls. 5/5

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 05:56:04 am »
We all really enjoyed this.  I think though next time I will make more meatballs as they were the hit with my family and they kept asking for more:) A really lovely soup.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:10:01 pm »
I made this for the first time tonight for dinner. We all loved it.I did cook the meatballs for an extra 5 minutes as some still looked a little raw at 15 minutes. A very filling soup.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.