Author Topic: Blades stopped working  (Read 5176 times)

Offline lucyloo2

• View Profile
Blades stopped working
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:17:59 am »
I was making a smoothie on Tuesday morning and the blades just stopped working and thermie started making a high pitched beeping noise.  I rang my consultant, she came out, we tried new blades with no success.  So she arranged to have thermie sent to Melbourne (I am in Brisbane) for repairs.  TNT 'forgot' to pick it up on Wednesday and finally arrived on Thursday to collect.  So with the public holidays over Easter and Anzac Day, it looks like I won't have him back for at least another week!  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?  Thermie is only four months old.  I must add, it is not a liquid issue as we have never had any liquid spills.  I am so frustrated and disappointed.  I love my thermie and trying to live without it, is proving difficult.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Melbourne won't be able to look at it until either tomorrow or Wednesday.  Thank you.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Blades stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 01:37:26 pm »
I haven't heard of this problem before lucyloo.I can understand your frustration because your TM is only four months old.Hopefully you will get is back ASAP.Keep us informed what the problem is and how quickly it was repaired.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 01:13:14 pm »
:( I'm sorry that you are without it. I would hate for anything to happen to mine.

Offline lucyloo2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:14:42 am »
Thank you both.  Thermomix rang today and they had looked at my thermo but could not explain why it did, what it did.  They have replaced the motor, tested, recalibrated, tested again etc etc and all seems to be fine now.  So fingers crossed I will have it back by Monday.  I am so lost without it! 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 09:17:09 am »
That's good news lucyloo. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 10:07:29 am »
Glad to hear its all good now :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 11:24:33 am »
Thats great news, hopefully be home safe soon.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 12:32:10 pm »
I'm glad your thermomix has recovered from its illness.  :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/