Author Topic: How to make real bread  (Read 5507 times)

Offline snag

• View Profile
How to make real bread
« on: April 09, 2014, 01:42:32 am »
Hey all I wanna share with you my bread recipe.
My house mate told me that the bread I make is as good as authentic Italian bread. The real deal, fresh cooked.
So you can call this recipe what ever you want, Italian bread or what ever title you want for it.
I am going to call it Tasmanian bread because I live in Tasmania and thats where I made this.
So this took me a great deal of pain to get right.
I am pretty sure I have made 200 to 300 loaves and I have had to thrown them all away as they did not cook right.
Of course I did not use bread mix and I did not use a bread machine. I also do not use bread improver and the plethora of other things you can do to make bread work.

They dont work.

So after many tried I cut it all down to 4 simple ingredients.

Water 50g
yeast 20g
flour 150 to 200 g (Whole meal, Rye and a bag of refined flour.) buy it from a health shop.
oil

Thats all you need, its to simple right?

So the first thing to do is ad 80 grans if water to your mix and get the heat up as low as you can for 2 mins. 37 I think.
Noe add 1 table spoon of yeast.
Let it sit for a not long, add your oil 20 grams and add your flour. When you add the flour, go half wholemeal and half refined.
Refined flour makes it less dense.

Now set the mix to need, watch it.
If it is to sticky add more flour a bit of whole meal and a bit of refined.
After a while the mix should turn into a sold dough but not to tough and not to sticky.
Watch the sides of the bowl.
The dough should start cleaning the inside of the bowl.
It will coagulate and pick up the dough and create a clean environment in the bowl.
The dough will becom one.

Slap the dough right out onto a tray laid with baking paper if need be but I do not even use that.

See what I mean when I try an cut back on everything.
Doing this will make it simple, easy fast and tasty!

Set the oven to 50 and let tge bread sit in the oven for half ohur or so rising in the timid heat.
Once your happy with the size pump up the heat to 200.
Watch your bread and start cooking what ever you wanna cook and tiem it in with this bread cause you have to eat this fresh.

I do leave bread in the oven to sit till the next day, I heat the bread up again and eat the rest of it.

It is nice, it is tasty and it will make your day very happy!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to make real bread
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 01:56:25 am »
Thanks for sharing your bread recipe with us snag.  I'm so glad you finally found a method that produces a perfect loaf for you, I think I'd have given up if I'd made and had to throw away as many loaves as you did before you found the perfect recipe.  We have many great bread recipes on this forum as you will see from the recipes and comments in our bread section and although I was never a bread maker pre-Thermomix, the help I received on this forum has now enabled me and many others to confidently bake beautiful loaves, even sourdough which is something I never thought would happen. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 07:14:24 am »
You are incredibly tenacious, Snag.  Thanks for all your effort and for posting this recipe for us.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline snag

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 07:19:52 am »
Hehe I did exaggerate but I did make a lot of loaves and I did have a lot of failures.
Throw some Garlic butter on this bad boy, mix in some herbs to the dough.
Melt some cheese last, as you cook it.
Have this with your soup.
This bread is that diverse it is the last bread you need! You can even make it into a loaf and slice it up for sandwiches but of course you want it more fluffy so I would add more refined flour, I know this goes against all my beliefs but sometimes you got to bust it to get it haha

or for an idea, more yeast!
There techniques, let it sit wrapped up in glad wrap in the fridge over nite, it will expland like a ballon and if you not care ful, but the wrap and come out lot a sausage.
You can sit it in the oven at 50 degrees for half an hour and it will rise.

I should of written that in the methods I can not recall if I did.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:05:53 am »
Snag you are sure experimenting with your dough.  Have you thought to add dried fruit. ?  Was the flour that you use,  some of that wonderful Tassie flour from up north?

Offline snag

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 11:05:49 am »
I do not think I would add fruiit not yet, well maybe I dunno cause I am using whole wheat and it is thick.
I also used rye.

I dunno if there is flour made up north.
We do not get wheat fields up here.
I buy beautiful wheat from Natures works.

Adding fruit would mean spices, cinnamon I might get into this one day haha, let me know if you succeed!

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 01:22:44 pm »
Oh snag, chookie is our bread queen. Success is her middle name.
Denise

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 10:28:04 pm »
Snag,  Tassie does grow wheat.  It is special wheat suitable for cold climates.  The flour from this wheat is some of the very best for making  a wholemeal loaf.  See if you can get some from your Health Food shop. 

Offline snag

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 11:10:19 pm »
Thank you so much for informing me! I will do!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 04:20:32 am »
Thank you
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url