Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 5815 times)

Offline cherrycherry

• View Profile
Hi everyone!
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:32:48 am »
Newbie here. Good to find a nice forum!
My names Mel, I'm from WA.

I got my thermie a few months ago, and so far I really haven't found any recipes that I've been blown away with. Very likely this could be my fault (never been a good cook!) But it isn't good because I wanted one for months and months, and now I feel pretty silly!

I know there's heaps and heaps of recipes here I plan to tackle, but can anyone please direct me to a few that have been fail safe? I didn't end up going to a thermie party, so I never had those basic recipes they show you are the demonstration (I was spoiled and got one as a christmas present!)

If anyone could help me that would be great. Help me build my confidence in my thermomix please!! :)
Thank you :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 05:43:09 am »
Hi Mel, welcome to the forum.  It's a pity you haven't had a delivery demo or been to a basic class to get the feel of your Thermomix.  It is one powerful machine and you can turn things to mush in no time but you will soon build up your confidence once you've had some small successes.  Check out this list CP posted, http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6470.0, pick out some recipes which suit you, read the reviews and you will be fine.  The support on this forum is amazing so do not despair, help is always available here.  You only need to ask.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 05:49:32 am »
Welcome Mel. It is great that you have found this forum. We all love our machines so would love to help you with yours. Do you have a friend who owns a thermomix? Perhaps they could give you some thoughts. Where abouts in WA are you? Perhaps you could get to a 'Back to Basics ' class. Otherwise simply ask all your questions here and we would love to advise.
What sort of things have you tried and what would you like to make?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dustbunny

• View Profile
    • My artwork
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 05:55:44 am »
Hi Mel, welcome - another newbie here :)

What I found really useful while I was deliberating over whether a Thermomix was for me, was to get on YouTube and look at all of the videos other Thermousers have uploaded. Also do a search for Thermochef - the machines are similar enough to give you an idea of how it all works. I learned a lot from these videos and it really helped me to see just what the machine is capable of.

Best of luck!

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 07:25:36 am »
Mel, welcome!

Plenty to read up on in here, but don't be afraid to ask questions. Also you could give your consultant a call and get her to show you the way, and get on a mailing list for when the cooking classes are. There are plenty in WA.

Where are you in WA, there may even be one of us close by to give you a hand if you need  :)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 07:30:33 am »
Hi and welcome Mel.  :)
How many do you cook for? and what sorts of things do you like? We will be able to give you more of an idea on what recipes to try if we know that.  :)
:D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 09:06:40 am »
Welcome to the forum Mel.There is plenty of advice given by my forum friends above to help you get cooking in your TM.I look forward to hearing what have been cooking. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 09:19:58 am »
Welcome to the forum Mel.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 11:32:38 am »
Hi Mel and welcome. CP's list is a great start. Good luck and happy cooking xox

Offline cherrycherry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 03:18:47 pm »
Thank you very much for the responses, I look forward to getting to know you all :)
and I live in South Perth :)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 09:46:30 pm »
Hi Mel and welcome to the forum.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 02:27:18 am »
Hurray cherrycherry. Another south of the river person. I am south too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 06:55:37 am »
Everything will be ok now you have us.  Dont be intimidated, pick a recipe, read the reviews for Additional feedback and away you go.  It does take a little while  before it becomes second nature, just keep following the wonderful recipes on here.  And have fun.
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 09:23:20 pm »
Hi and welcome :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 08:51:14 am »
Hi cherrycherry and welcome to the Forum.  I wonder if you have been doing too much reading here and are now like a kid in the Lolly Shop. I agree with Bedlam - just pick a recipe - perhaps one of your familiar meals and go for it.  If you read all the comments you will be saved the worry of making mistakes as those that write comments have already done the hard work for you.  I really is cooking by numbers - so go for it and enjoy the experience.  Good luck
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.