Author Topic: New TM21 owner... need help please**  (Read 9186 times)

Offline danielbenhaim

• View Profile
New TM21 owner... need help please**
« on: March 16, 2014, 02:05:09 am »
hi .. first let me say hello, my name is Daniel Benhaim and im the new proud owner of a used TM21 machine..

i was very excited to open my package today.. only to find that my machine was kind of busted.. missing the lid and butterfly attachment.  but most importantly  the locking lever is jammed.. it will not move to the left to lock in place it moves slightly but not all the way and the machine wont turn on without it securely locked in place... i used a flat head screwdriver to rig the locking mechanism on the machine and the machine turned on fine..  so its mainly a problem with the locking lever.. do any of you have any experience with this.. taking it apart    perhaps something is bent inside?

do any of you recommend a site , in the US that i could purchase a replacement lid form?

thank you

and i look forward to being a contributing member of this forum group

Daniel

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New TM21 owner... need help please**
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 02:16:05 am »
Hi Daniel. I can only guess at your frustration in your purchase. Is there any way you would have re dress from the person that you purchased the TM21 from?

I'm in Australia so really have no idea who you could contact. Is there a German website that may still carry parts for the 21?
I hope the person didnt sell the machine because they couldn't get it fixed.  :'( :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 02:25:44 am »
I agree with Cookie Daniel.  We have technicians here who fix our machines but I don't know what you have over there.  Perhaps an email to Vorwerk would bring some results.  In the meantime, I wouldn't fiddle with it as you could do more damage.  Without a lid it would be unable to be used anyway, not sure how different TM21 is different to the TM31 but it's the lid that locks our bowl into place.  How disappointing that someone would sell you a machine which was not complete nor working properly, I hope you didn't pay too much for it.  Welcome to the forum and good luck in your quest to get it up and running.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline danielbenhaim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 03:17:38 am »
yea..  i kinda got excited and paid a bit for it...  sometimes you get screwed.. i do think it is a simple fix though.. just need to buy a new lid and somehow fix this locking mechanism.. USA doesnt really have any technicians like you do in the UK and Australia.

i contacted vorwerk USA and we'll see if they respond to me.. i was super excited to fire this puppy up..

i am pretty handy.. i could just try to order misc parts online and fix it..\  i guess ill wait to see what vorwerk says..

when i triggered the locking mechanism with a flat head screwdriver the machine powered up and worked fine.. its just that the lever on the container handle wont budge when manually attaching it..

Bonsai

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 06:31:58 am »
Hi Daniel. Under Australian law anything that is sold has to work properly and meet the advertised features, otherwise you have legal grounds for a refund or repair. I'm not sure if it is the same in the USAbut I would at least contact the seller to discuss your problem. If you paid via paypal they may be able to help if you purchased a product which won't work.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 09:16:38 am »
Welcome to the forum Daniel.You could contact UK Thermomix HO. I know they service TM21 machines and probably will have spares.I'm sure they will be extremely helpful if you contact them.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 11:25:08 pm »
Hi and welcome, I hope you sort it out soon.
You often see TM21 for sale, so you can get parts.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 09:06:50 am »
Hi and welcome to the Forum Daniel.  What a huge disappointment to receive your machine in that order.  I do hope you manage to get in all sorted soon and look forward to hearing what you have been cooking.  Best of luck and do keep us posted.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 09:23:54 am »
Hi Daniel and welcome. What a disappointment. Hoping you can find some parts and fix your problem. Wishing you all the best.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:40 am »
Hi and welcome Daniel.  :)
Let us know how you get on with getting your TM to work.
:D

Offline danielbenhaim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 08:43:46 pm »
nothing yet.. no one seems to carry a cover lid for the machine so i cant use it until i find one to operate the machine..

any of you have any sources for buy ing a lid for a tm21 machine?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 11:44:34 pm »
Daniel, I have emailed the head lady here in South Australia to see if she can help you on this one.  She will obviously get in touch with our Head Office in Perth so fingers crossed.  If Vorwerk couldn't help you, I am not too optimistic on this one though.

Update, she has replied and will contact our Head Office.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:48:51 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CDGThatIsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 01:21:56 am »
Hi Daniel!  Welcome and I hope a TM21 lid surfaces really soon!
Cathy

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 05:14:09 am »
when you bought it Daniel was there a picture of a "complete" TM21? What did the seller say about the condition it arrived in? Did you buy it at a ridiculous price thinking that you would be able to source the spare parts?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline kyton

• View Profile
New TM21 owner... need help please**
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 10:01:53 am »
I have sent you a PM.
Kylie