Author Topic: Curried Cauliflower and Kumara soup  (Read 8449 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Curried Cauliflower and Kumara soup
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:11:02 am »
Curried Cauliflower and Kumara Soup

Ingredients:
1 small cauliflower
1 sweet potato
1 onion
2 pieces bacon
1 clove garlic
5 good teaspoons vegetable stock
5 cups water
1 good teaspoon curry paste

Preparation:
Cut onion into quarters and place in bowl with bacon (broken up) and garlic. Whizz for 2-3 seconds on speed 6 until broken up.
Add teaspoon of olive oil and the curry paste, cook 2 minutes, 100 degrees and speed 1.
Add cauliflower and  sweet potato cut up. Chop these at speed 6 for approx 6 seconds.
Add stock concentrate, and water and cook for 20 minutes at 100 degrees at speed 1.
When vegetables are cooked, puree the soup at speed 8 or 9  until the texture you require is reached. (moving the dial up slowly to avoid burning yourself)

Photos:

Tips/Hints:

This was the result of a failed cauliflower soup. DD suggested the changes.

Members' comments
JD - Only addition I made to it was to add 25g grated parmesan during the final blitzing. It was very nice says DH (my food critic) and I have a feeling tomorrow it will be even nicer. There is a lot to fit into the TM bowl so make sure you chop the vegies fairly small to start with or the TMX  just won't cope (I found this out the hard way) and it is a thin soup which we drank out of mugs tonight so next time I might only add 1 litre water. 

Marilyn - It was yummy, thanks cookie1.  Yes, I overfilled the bowl, too - my sweet potato was pretty big.  I only used 1 litre water and the consistency is good. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:06:07 am by judydawn »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Curried Cauliflower and Kumara soup
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:17:02 am »
Isn't it great when we can turn failures into successes :D :D  Well done Cookie1 & DD.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 06:23:09 am »
Good work again cookie1 - sadly I have about 5 cauliflower soup recipes too - some with cheese, others with almonds and saffron - that I need to sit down and post - maybe I should do that JD?  :-)) :-))
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 06:28:14 am »
Yes Thermomixer, you will have to start popping your notes into your briefcase so that when you have a quiet day you can post your recipes then when you get home you can spend more quality time with Mrs T  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 06:33:27 am »
Glad she's not reading this because you are so right  :-[ :-[ :-X :-X :-X   :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 09:51:29 am »
i think i might make this tonight :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 11:45:41 am »
Made this for tea tonight Cookie1 and only addition I made to it was to add 25g grated parmesan during the final blitzing. It was very nice says DH (my food critic) and I have a feeling tomorrow it will be even nicer. There is a lot to fit into the TM bowl so make sure you chop the vegies fairly small to start with or the TMX  just won't cope (I found this out the hard way) and it is a thin soup which we drank out of mugs tonight so next time I might only add 1 litre water.  Thanks for the posting.

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 07:36:26 am »
I made this today and it was yummy, thanks cookie1.  Yes, I overfilled the bowl, too - my sweet potato was pretty big.  I only used 1 litre water and the consistency is good.  I was glad it made a big batch - that's this week's lunches sorted!