Author Topic: Recipe Review - Smoked Trout Burgers - Quick Fix in the Thermomix Book p 136  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
This is to die for!!!!

Have been meaning to make it for ages and finally got around to doing it today since the ocean trout I bought expired today.
The herbed mayonnaise is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! So tangy which is what I love most about it!

It probably pays to do the different parts as suggested in the chef's tip at the bottom. Will make things easier.

So here are my adjustments due to not having correct quantities, etc:

1 potato (which weighed a fair amount less than suggested
200g ocean trout (2 packs from wollies) It's looks like smoked salmon and is next to it
Turkish bread loaf which I cut up instead of regular bread rolls
For the mayo, I just used parsley rather than a variety of herbs

It's actually quite an easy recipe but a little time consuming for all the different parts but definitely worth it!

Everything just works so well together. Some of the fish patties fell apart as it's a soft mixture and the photo in the book doesn't seem to have breadcrumbs on it as stated in the recipe. Nevertheless, here's a photo:

Linked CC
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:29:40 pm by Cornish Cream »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How have I missed this. It sounds great. On to the never ending list. Thanks.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Ditto cookie.
Great review and great burger Tasty.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
So I made the mayonnaise part of this recipe again today as I will need it a few times this week. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how long this keeps for?

By the way, I have to say this is the best tasting and easiest mayo I have made!