Author Topic: Rawlicious Contents  (Read 26123 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Rawlicious Contents
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 11:26:12 am »
Disappointed  :'( :'( how boring are they! You seriously need to get some new staff lol  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Tarah

• View Profile
    • Simplify My Life Thermomix posts
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:29 am »
Haha Kathryn, I almost put into my post that perhaps I didn't really want to know...

Thanks Thermomixer, now I understand. I've always loved beetroot including cooking it and of course chocolate so I had no difficulty with the thought of combining them and then really enjoyed it. I'm making it again for my Mum tomorrow so this one is a keeper!

I haven't yet tried raw asparagus - another first! - but have eaten raw jerusalem artichokes which Google tells me is a variety of sunflower so will try some artichokes soon...

I have read that fava beans can be eaten raw but hadn't found them in health food stores and hadn't googled them - so now I've worked out they are also called broad beans - does the learning ever stop! Do you prepare them in some way or just eat them straight?

I agree raw beetroot or carrot salad is unadventurous. I keep wondering what would make the crunchier veges more acceptable in their raw form... Mixing in salt softens cabbage but I don't know if that's the answer...

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 03:52:44 am »
With the asparagus - you can shave them (with a vegie peeler) or julienne them and mix with a salad dressing/vinaigrette.

The fava (broad) beans - can eat the whole thing if they are very small (from your own garden) or pod them and eat the whole beans - Italians love them raw with pecorino or parmesan cheese.

You can eat raw globe artichoke hearts - remove all the green "petals" and then when you are down to the heart it can just be sliced thinly and placed into acidulated water.  Dress with vinaigrette or lemon juice and oil, S&P - yum

This is a salad based on an Alain Ducasse recipe that has raw and cooked asparagus with black truffle - just more to show you can eat raw asparagus (even in the best restaurants in the world !!

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Tarah

• View Profile
    • Simplify My Life Thermomix posts
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 08:56:40 am »
Thanks. I've tried asparagus raw and it's great - the same consistency as zucchini rather than being crunchy like cabbage or broccoli. And I've just bought some green broad beans and have extracted the bean seeds and they taste different but quite nice. Thanks for the tips... I haven't yet found globe artichokes but will keep an eye out for them.

The salad looks great - will try that sometime too!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 11:03:52 am »
just bumping this so it can be moved to the contents board, i can't do it here ;)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 03:26:51 am »
Me neither - I can Remove it, because I started it -  but NOT Move It.  :(
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.