Author Topic: Raw Energy Beetroot Salad. KIS  (Read 3573 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Raw Energy Beetroot Salad. KIS
« on: December 30, 2013, 03:50:46 pm »
I made this for Xmas lunch. I found speed 4 wasn't enough to chop either carrot or Beetroot and used speed 5. It was missing something, IMO. I can't put my finger on it, perhaps less OJ and more balsamic.  I'm not a huge fan of raw beetroot, so perhaps that's why I didn't like it that much.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:21:05 pm by Cornish Cream »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Energy Beetroot Salad. KIS
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 05:26:35 am »
I just made this to have with our lunch. I only made a half quantity as I didn't want it hanging around. I ended up eating most of it. I really enjoyed it. Actually I loved it. I made it exactly as the recipe except I blitzed the carrots for 6 seconds instead of 3 as I wanted them a bit more broken up.
Sorry to be different MJ but I will be making this frequently. I give it a 5/5.

I love Beetroot in any form. In fact I will probably have the rest for afternoon tea.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Raw Energy Beetroot Salad. KIS
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 08:39:40 am »
It's good to have opposing views. As I mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of raw Beetroot anyway. I much prefer cooked beetroot, marinated in dressing and then in a salad with herbed yoghurt.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand