Author Topic: Review of Cheese Souffles MWOC page 64  (Read 2884 times)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
Review of Cheese Souffles MWOC page 64
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:34:16 pm »
Just made the cheese soufflés on page 64 of this book, for lunch. I was a doubting Thomas all the way, thinking that there's no way these soufflés are going to rise when the eggs whites haven't been separated and folded in as I used to do before my Tm came along.
But, how wrong can you be? I used a strong cheddar as I didn't have any gruyere and the soufflés were light and very tasty. They also rose up and looked really, really good. I am so chuffed with this recipe. I thought just throwing everything in the TM was a recipe for disaster. I was always taught that you have to carefully fold in the egg whites prior to baking. Indeed, I have done just that loads of times. If you want a very quick and easy lunch or starter for a dinner party - try this. It's brilliant.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:27:07 pm by Cornish Cream »

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
Re: Review of Cheese Souffles MWOC page 64
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 01:55:39 pm »
I made these today after reading your review past94 and they were so easy and delicious.  Mine didn't rise as much as my usual recipe but still tasted delicious and were very light and fluffy. A great recipe and so much easier in thermie..
Don't have the book but I do have  the ipad app.

Offline past94x

• View Profile
Re: Review of Cheese Souffles MWOC page 64
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 04:29:56 pm »
So glad you liked them. Considering how they were made - no folding in egg whites etc - I thought they were amazing. Shan't be making them any other way now.