Author Topic: Recipe Review Bearnaise Sauce with Prawns MOTM pge 38  (Read 2772 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Recipe Review Bearnaise Sauce with Prawns MOTM pge 38
« on: November 18, 2013, 03:30:49 am »
Today I have made Bearnaise Sauce with Prawns.  Worked out perfectly!  

I used 500g whole green prawns and shelled them myself as I find they have more flavour than the ones already peeled.  I would just go with how many you want to serve on top of each steak and buy that amount as it makes plenty of sauce.

The sauce was at just the right consistency, not too thin and not too thick and the flavour was spot on in my opinion, nothing over powered.

As this was just for 2 of us today, I have vacuumed packed the remainder of the sauce for another time.

Linked JD

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:15:28 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Review Bearnaise Sauce with Prawns MOTM pge 38
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:16:17 am »
Gorgeous Julie, I have that recipe earmarked to use with a steak recipe from In the Mix 2.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Review Bearnaise Sauce with Prawns MOTM pge 38
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:09:58 am »
Had this for lunch today over fillet steak, so easy to make. I made it first and let it sit in my small thermosaver whilst the steak  cooked.   I used some home made butter which I had added some oil to but it didn't seem to make any difference to the sauce, maybe a bit thinner than Julie's but delicious.  I'll just add 1 tblspn lemon juice next time, do a taste test and see if it needs anymore.  Just a wee bit too lemony for me.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.