Author Topic: wannalearnfromu  (Read 5637 times)

Offline peterseaford

• View Profile
wannalearnfromu
« on: October 29, 2013, 07:54:46 am »
G'day
selling many of my "old" toys to buy a THERMOMIX

Read all about them and they sound fabulous - the wife thinks i am a dill to want to spend two grand on a mixer BUT all Mixers are not Mixers

have read many web sites and tossed around the idea of saving five hundred importing from Germany but then very little in the way of support and i might end up with a look alike from China.

would really appreciate all the help you can afford me and when i am skilled will help all i can.

kind regards

peter

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: wannalearnfromu
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:13:38 am »
Welcome to the forum Peter. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 08:44:27 am »
Hi Peter, welcome to the forum.  The boot is usually on the other foot, it's the men who normally need convincing that the Thermomix is worth all that money but as soon as they see it in action they want one.  The TMX is certainly not a mixer, never let it hear you call it that or it will be so offended LOL.  Bite the bullet, sell your other appliances and buy yourself this wonderful machine then join in with forum conversations and food talk - you will be so happy! 

PS. Let your wife play with it occasionally and she will come to love it too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 08:44:50 am »
Your wife will be gobsmacked at what you will do with your new "mixer". Go. Pete.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 08:45:10 am »
Welcome Peter, if you haven't already had one you should have a demo at home. Invite a few friends around and have a lovely evening.
It's not a high pressure sales pitch and you can ask as many questions as you like. It might be just the thing to help convince yor wife.
Chief cook and bottle washer

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 09:44:13 am »
Welcome to the forum Peter.You are going to love the TM ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:26:01 am »
The idea of a demonstration is a good idea Peter. There is no compulsion to buy. Even if you need to have 2 demos your consultant should be happy to oblige.
The price tag is high but I now make all my own bread, icecream, curry mixes and lots of other things. I think the bread alone would have cost me more than the thermomix purchase price.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline aggiebaby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 12:15:35 pm »
You know what would be soooooo coool to do?  Grab some cinnamon sticks and turn the machine on turbo for 15 seconds.  Its such a manly thing and cinnamon sugar is awesome... winwin!!   ;D ;D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 06:57:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Peter.  You won't find anyone here disagreeing with your decision to sell off your old appliances and getting the new one - plenty of help and advice here as well. 

When you get it, make sure you leave it on your bench and you will use it so much you will quickly wonder how you ever managed without it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 09:16:38 pm »
A very warm welcome, Peter!  You certainly won't regret your investment!! If you haven't already, have your wife take a look at this thread with you to see just a sample of the vast array of things you can come up with using the TMX . . .

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6470.0 . .  and this is just for starters!! ;D

Do keep in mind that the only way to have a 2 year warranty on your machine is to buy through your local consultant.  If you don't know of one, I'm sure HO, or perhaps someone from the forum, can put you in touch with someone close to you.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 10:29:45 pm »
Welcome to the forum Peter.  You won't have any regrets if you buy this wonderful machine.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 10:54:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum Peter.  :D
Once you have your TM you will forget the price tag and love it sooooo much.  :)  Yes, it does seem expensive for starters but it really is worth every last cent.  :)
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 06:19:15 am »
Hi and welcome
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 11:18:58 am »
Hi peter and welcome.