Author Topic: Recipe Review - Cheesy Vegetable Muffins - Baby & Toddler Book  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Recipe Review - Cheesy Vegetable Muffins - Baby & Toddler Book
« on: September 02, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »
These smelt pretty good while cooking but rather plain when eating, but much better with salt  :)

Very easy to make so will make again. My toddler kept calling them 'cake' as they were in muffin shapes which she associates with sweet things and so happily ate them as she loves her sweets/desserts. Good idea to use cherry tomato halves to look like a cherry on a cake and a great way of hiding veges.

The only thing I would add is to fill the muffin cases right up for a nice shape (something I didn't do except for one)

Here is a photo:

Offline kmw

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Cheesy Vegetable Muffins - Baby & Toddler Book
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:51:11 am »
I made these today for lunch and its the first thing out of the book that I would say was just ok.  I had trouble with the bottoms cooking too much and the middle not enough.  I follow the recipe exactly and cooked them at 190c.  Its the second thing with oil in it that hasn't worked for me so not sure what I am doing wrong or if its my oven.

I agree with Tasty they are rather plain especially as I didn't have any tomato to put on top but my 14 month daughter was happy to eat a muffin but I won't say its her favourite.

Offline beyondbeeton

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Cheesy Vegetable Muffins - Baby & Toddler Book
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 01:36:49 pm »
I made these with carrot, sweet potato and fresh basil. I couldn't taste them as I can't have cheese. He seemed to like them but preferred the larger ones I cooked in a silicon muffin tin. I found the mix made far more than the recipe said - I made 24 minis plus 6 or so full size muffins. I cooked the minis for about 15 minutes.
Mum to two hungry boys born Dec 2010 and July 2013.