Author Topic: Recipe Review - Crunchy Fish Fingers - Baby & Toddler Book  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Recipe Review - Crunchy Fish Fingers - Baby & Toddler Book
« on: September 02, 2013, 12:42:26 pm »
These looked appealing so I decided to give them a whirl today. I used hoki as it's the cheapest wild caught fish I could buy from Woollies. As a result, these might not have tasted as good as if using another type of fish.

My toddler happily ate them for both lunch and reheated for dinner. They weren't too tasty for me, even with salt but as long as she liked them, it was worth it.

I don't like the whole flour, egg, crumbing thing so won't make them too frequently. My toddler normally likes fish too, whichever way we've cooked it.

As you can see mine are a lot darker than the picture in the book. They only looked bright yellow before cooking.

Here is the photo:

Offline rostess

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Crunchy Fish Fingers - Baby & Toddler Book
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 02:09:50 pm »
I've made these twice now and my son loved them both times. I used saddle tail emperor and the taste was really nice. The nuggets are nice and firm and easy for little hands to hold and munch.  I didn't cook them all as it was just my son and I eating them, so I've frozen the uncooked pieces to use as a quick and easy meal for my son on another occasion.

Offline Purtig

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Crunchy Fish Fingers - Baby & Toddler Book
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:30:52 pm »
I made these tonight and they were a hit! My kids are 7 and 9 and they both loved them. Served them with the veggie slice from this book, and some chips. I used basa as it was a good price, and the texture was really nice.