Author Topic: Review - Zucchini cupcakes (page 227) with cream cheese icing (page 233) Quick Fix Every Occasion  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
I've only had this book for a couple of days and decided the first thing I'd make would be cake!

I love baking, but haven't baked cake for ages. As my DH was telling Frozzie and Karen at dinner at the Adelaide retreat - he doesn't ALLOW me to make cake, which after I gave him the death stare, he changed to I asked my darling wife not to make any of her delicious cake for awhile (as he is going to the gym, eating healthy and losing weight).

Zucchini cupcakes have to be healthy surely!

The cupcakes were easy to make. I left out the pecans and added sultanas instead (as my DH can't have nuts).

The cream cheese icing was also easy to make. I used light cream cheese, meaning my icing was probably softer than it should have been. It didn't matter though.

Judy called in for afternoon tea and we all agreed they tasted lovely.

Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Katie is an excellent cake maker and I'm only too happy to test anything she bakes  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That's it, I am sending for the book today. They sound really yum Katie and Judy. They must be healthy if they have zucchini in.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Yum! You're so good to do a taste test like that JD  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Yummy. Think I need to buy another cookbook :)

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
I made this icing today to put on a banana cake. It was really quick and easy to make, and I like the fact that it is much lower in sugar than other recipes. It's not very sweet and the lemon flavour is quite prominent.
I'll definitely make it again.
Beauty is only fur deep.....