Author Topic: Sweet Potato Puree - Baby & Toddler Book  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Sweet Potato Puree - Baby & Toddler Book
« on: August 30, 2013, 03:32:22 pm »
My youngest daughter turned 6 months this week so we decided we'd start her on solids and this is the first recipe we chose.

I was and still might introduce a bit of baby led weaning too but will start with the purees for the first few weeks.

I didn't like the idea of giving a packaged food first as we did with our first (rice cereal). I understand it's for the iron but I don't think it's that important, after doing some reading on the topic. So I'm glad Louise has brought out this book.

My daughter loved this as a first food. Ate about 2 heaped tablespoons no problems and was very keen. I like how Louise suggests sweet potato as it is naturally sweet. I remember my first daughter wasn't too keen on veges when we first introduced solids but preferred sweeter things like fruit purees. So it makes sense to introduce a vegetable that is naturally sweet! It's great that it has a bit of butter too as I have learnt that babies don't like plain things but prefer food with flavour. The texture and taste were perfect as can be seen in the photo below:

I froze the leftovers, which were about 1 ice cube trays worth.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:00:46 am by judydawn »

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Sweet Potato Puree - Baby & Toddler Book
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 02:24:09 pm »
Thanx for the review Tasty - I have been hoping there would be some of the puree recipes reviewed before my bub got to that stage!!  :D
:D

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 02:26:51 pm »
No worries Astarra - will be doing more over the next few weeks.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 11:40:33 pm »
I have this cooking away in TM now, hope my bub likes it too.  :D
I only had 1/2 the amount of sweet potato so just did a 1/2 batch.  :)

ETA pics.  :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:53:26 pm by astarra »
:D