Author Topic: Our Green Smoothie  (Read 5166 times)

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Our Green Smoothie
« on: August 25, 2013, 09:44:46 pm »
Had leftover half of this and that. Inspired with juice from juice bar near work I made this and surprisingly my 3yo DS enjoyed it and asked for more.

1/2 green apple
1/2 pear
1/4 lemon with skin
a handful of baby spinach (or kale)
1 frozen banana
1/4 frozen avocado
1 date
250g water

Put all except water in the bowl, whiz s8 for 20seconds.  
Add water and whiz for a,minute s10. Enjoy.

Note: if using fresh banana and avocado, add some ice cube.  Any leftover can be kept on the fridge overnight and still nice and not seperating the next morning.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:34:03 pm by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline floweryspring

• View Profile
Re: Our Green Smoothie
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:12:11 am »
Hi denzelmum

I have a greenie 3-4 times a week and as soon as my 13 month old sees me pouring out, she goes nuts wanting to have a few sips! Isn't it weird? Not complaining mind you!

DD has an allergy to avocado so I usually chuck in a container of yoghurt whatever we hv in the fridge and throw 2 handfuls kale or spinach, 1 celery, parsley, 4-5 icecubes and a handful of whatever fruit. Been berries at the moment since they are everywhere now with summer here.

Coconut water is very tasty base too.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Re: Our Green Smoothie
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:19:32 pm »
So glad that little ones getting excited with green smoothie! I noticed avocado make it smooth silky smoothie and not aeperating easily. Frozen banana always good addition for creamier smoothie.

Love to try coconut water!
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.