Author Topic: Recipe Review - Falafel with Tzatziki - Baby & Toddler Book  (Read 4248 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Recipe Review - Falafel with Tzatziki - Baby & Toddler Book
« on: August 12, 2013, 03:24:10 pm »
Made these tonight as I had all the ingredients on hand. I didn't bother with the tzatziki sauce this time.

Some of the changes I would make include:
- doubling the recipe as this only seemed to make 16 small balls
- scraping down chickpea mixture and mixing on speed 4 in order for it to become smooth.

I seem to have a problem shallow frying things and I think this is because I don't use enough oil so therefore the balls didn't cook through properly and were falling apart. Despite this, they still tasted so scrumptious, especially with some salt. Loved the texture and will definitely make again (and post a photo when they look decent). If anyone has any advice regarding shallow frying, I would welcome it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:02:06 pm by Tasty »

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Falafel with Tzatziki
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 01:32:14 pm »
So made these again tonight. Two batches. Also made the tzatziki this time too. That was very nice and went really well with the felafel.

My shallow frying was better this time although some still managed to fall apart when turning. I would like to know if this happens to others when they make these. They are so lovely and crispy on the outside.

Here is a photo:

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »
What cookbook ar the recipes from Tasty?
From Perth WA

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »
Baby & Toddler.....I'll try modify the title

Offline emjrose

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Falafel with Tzatziki - Baby & Toddler Book
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 11:26:43 am »
Cooked these tonight, the tzatziki was delicious as were the falafel although we also had the problem of them falling apart as they were cooking. We also doubled the recipe and made about 20 balls in total.

Offline beyondbeeton

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Falafel with Tzatziki - Baby & Toddler Book
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 04:45:09 am »
My one year old loves these, although they do lose some of the nice crispy coating when you turn them. Very easy quick high protein lunch.
Mum to two hungry boys born Dec 2010 and July 2013.