Author Topic: Recipe review: Gong Bo Chicken from A Taste of Asia, page 53  (Read 4822 times)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Made this dish recently. Didn't have Chinese wine, peanut oil, Chinese black vinegar, spring onions nor roasted cashews in the pantry. Used 3 dried chillies.

Chicken turned out tasty but a bit too hot for my little DS. Meat came out too shredded; I started off with 3 cm chicken thigh fillets. Might have to cut it into bigger pieces next time.

Not quite authentic because of the missing smoky aroma from the wok. But good enough for a quick meal.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe review: Gong Bo Chicken from A Taste of Asia, page 53
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 01:27:41 am »
BZB, I can't believe you didn't have those ingredients in your pantry  :o ;D.  I'm Australian and I had them all except the black vinegar.  Thanks for the review and yes 3cm is rather small for 15 minutes of cooking, I'd double that to 6cm at least.  I usually start off with bigger cubes when doing meat dishes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 07:05:29 am »
BZB, I can't believe you didn't have those ingredients in your pantry  :o ;D.  I'm Australian and I had them all except the black vinegar.

;D ;D

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 12:48:04 am »
We tried this dish this week and it was the first to disappear at the dinner party.  The Gong Bo means with chillies and cashews.  Delish!
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 01:24:47 am »
BZB, I can't believe you didn't have those ingredients in your pantry  :o ;D.  I'm Australian and I had them all except the black vinegar.

;D ;D

Snap
Mum to Crown Prince......