Author Topic: Review Red Lentil, Pumpkin & Coconut Dahl pge 208 Baby & Toddler book  (Read 3531 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Made this to use up some vegies but replaced pumpkin with white potato and broccoli for cauliflower because that's what I had. Also used a whole 400 ml can coconut milk. I've never made a dahl before so didn't know what to expect.  Not a good looking meal but certainly tasty enough and I'm sure kids would like it. I served it over rice and increased spices for an adult taste.  I could also puree some and call it a soup.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:33:57 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Recipe Review - Red Lentil, Pumpkin & Coconut Dal - Baby & Toddler book
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:07:21 pm »
I would not normally make a dal as it does not appeal to me but I needed a vegan recipe and this fit the bill.

Like the other recipes in this book that I have made so far,  it is simple however takes ~45 minutes + rice (if making in TMX). I was pleasantly surprised that it tasted nice and my toddler enjoyed it too. She started off by picking out all the peas to eat first. Will make again.

25/10/13 I made this again today and decided to use it for all 3 types of family member as suggested (adults, toddlers and babies). This is a winner on all accounts. My almost 8 month old loves it and couldn't get it down fast enough (blended), my toddler finished her first bowl and asked for another and both hubby and I enjoyed this. Give it a go especially if you don't normally have lentils as it's quite mild in flavour.

Here is a photo:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 01:00:49 am by judydawn »

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Review Red Lentil, Pumpkin & Coconut Dahl pge 208 Baby & Toddler book
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 01:46:00 pm »
I made this tonight (but with out any peas as I was out!!!) I will make this again, it is something I would enjoy for lunch on a work day as well. Relatively light but tasty and filling.  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Review Red Lentil, Pumpkin & Coconut Dahl pge 208 Baby & Toddler book
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 01:07:47 pm »
Another one to try.

I rarely eat dahl on it's own, but always make it when we have a curry night.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand