Author Topic: Coconut Fish & Vegetables review pge 9 Baby & Toddler Cookbook  (Read 4601 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I intended doing this for myself but I ended up having GS almost 5 here.  Who better to test a recipe on - even though he didn't like the look of what I was cooking he said he would taste it.  Sometimes this means 1 spoonful as a taste test  :-))  However in this instance he had the first mouthful and just kept eating.  I asked him what I should tell the lady who wrote the book and he said to tell her it was 'yummy'.

I did add 1 tsp green curry paste with the sautéing of the onion and carrot as this child eats chilli con carne so I knew I was safe there.   I also thickened it with 2 tsp cornflour and added a bit of salt after a taste test.  I served it over hokkein noodles, a bit hard for kids to eat but with my help he managed to eat 2/3 of the amount I ate.

For adults I would add a little more curry paste and cut the fish into larger pieces.  The photo in the book looks far better than mine but as taste goes, I was very pleased with it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Coconut Fish & Vegetables review pge 9 Baby & Toddler Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 04:33:05 am »
Your GS sounds adorable JD. The dish looks good. I'm not a fish eater but would sub chicken. The reviews of this book are all sounding great.

Offline spiffmiff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 11:25:10 am »
I made this and the smell was amazing! Gave it to my toddlers but couldn't resist some for myself!
Aside for needing a bit of salt, it was yummy!

The toddlers gobbled it up with rice, though weren't so keen on the defrosted leftovers... but that could be just cos they are fickle nearly-two-year-olds....  ;D

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 02:09:39 pm »
Made this with baby snapper as my choice of fish. I also blended it up for my 8 month old. She was ok with it first time but not so keen next time. Think she is just going through a phase where she's not interested in a lot lately.

Here is a photo:

Offline beyondbeeton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 04:38:12 am »
I made this for my 1 year old but added some garlic, a little bit of fish sauce and fresh coriander. I must have substituted something for the butter (either nuttelex or oil) as he can't have dairy. I didn't puree it and served it over rice. He really enjoyed it the first time and also the leftovers from the freezer (I reheated gently on the stove).
Mum to two hungry boys born Dec 2010 and July 2013.