Author Topic: Halllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp - steamed chicken balls EDC  (Read 5810 times)

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
I have misplaced my EDC. Sigh.

Tonight I want to make the steamed chicken balls rolled in rice - we call them cloud balls - I have no idea what the name is but they are in the EDC!

I am thinking I'll just mic mince, herbs, vegies and an egg and roll them in rice. So that is all good - but how long do I cook them in the Varoma? I am thinking S2 Varoma temp 20 mins - or is it 40? Can someone help please :-*

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
zebra, I can't find them in the EDC - can anyone else?  There is something called Hedgehog Meatballs in the Lunchbox & After school ideas booklet though so perhaps this is the recipe you mean.  It it steamed in the varoma and has rice in the recipe.  I'll send you the recipe.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:30:14 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
Sorry - not in my EDC , Meat on the Menu  or Full steam ahead either.  Hope someone else can help you though.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
They sound lovely. If someone finds them perhaps they could share the recipe.      Please??
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
lol - I'm SURE it is EDC. Positive. Hmmmmmmmmm. Maybe it is cooking my way - better check:)

They are fabulous - as I said we call them cloud balls - they are just meatballs rolled in rice and steamed and the rice gets all swollen and they are just a fun way to eat them and very kid friendly.

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
Thanks JD - your recipe sounds lovely and I will give it a go.

The instructions in JudyDawns recipe were:

cook 12-15 mins/varoma/speed 2 or until meatballs are cooked through.

so I will roll my meantballs in rice and do that - although I reckon I'll err more towards 20 mins to make sure they are all cooked.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I feel as though I have seen that recipe you refer to zebraa but goodness knows where!  Hope the one I sent will suffice with your tweaks.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Same here, Judy . . . would it have been on the forum??

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Found this recipe on Tenia's website but made with Pork.Recipe courtesy of Jayne from Canberra.
Steamed Rice Balls
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I can't find it anywhere, have looked through all my books.  There's one in Lunchbox & After school ideas but no photo & I was sure I had seen a photo of this recipe.

I'm surprised even Tenina doesn't have a photo of her recipe ie the link CC gave.

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
Thankyou - that steamed rice balls is very similar. But I am sure I have it in a book too - I will find it - when I find all my books - blimmin' husband ahs put them somewhere ???

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
I have rather wet meatballs ready for dinner tomorrow. Might roll half in rice and see how the kids like them. Thanks for the prompt.