Author Topic: Recipe Review - Wholemeal Pesto Pikelets from the TMX baby and toddler cookbook  (Read 4796 times)

Offline AussieMum2Boys

• View Profile
I didnt have wholemeal flour or chia seeds so used normal SRF and LSA instead. The boys loved then. Had a really nice cheesy basily pesto flavor without being too strong.  Used the EDC pesto to flavour and EDC butter in the recipe. Really really yummy. Will make these again for sure!
Here are my boys enjoying their pikelets
Wife and working mama to 2 gorgeous little boys (3yo L1  and 1yo L2) from Sydney, Australia.

Newbie Thermomix enthusiast and a Seasoned food lover.. a match made in heaven! <3

Follow me on twitter and instagram! @AussieMum2Boys

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You certainly have gorgeous boys AM2B.I love the expression on DS3 face ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
gorgeous boys. how old is the baby?
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Taste testers extraordinaire!! ;D ;D  You do know they'll probably grow up to be famous food critics . . !!! ;D ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Awww they are so cute AM2B!  :-*
I now have my book and can't wait to get trying and reviewing too!!!  :)
:D

Offline AussieMum2Boys

• View Profile
Oh yeah CC.. I think he just found out there was spinach in the pesto mwahaha!!

Fundj - the big one is almost 3 and the little one is almost 1! Both boys have bdays next month!

Thanks for the compliments on my little guys. They are my test subjects for all my TMX creations! Bwahaha!
Wife and working mama to 2 gorgeous little boys (3yo L1  and 1yo L2) from Sydney, Australia.

Newbie Thermomix enthusiast and a Seasoned food lover.. a match made in heaven! <3

Follow me on twitter and instagram! @AussieMum2Boys

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
 ;D Lovely pics, and good to hear how the recipes are going down with their intended recipients (ie little people)

We had that highchair for DD!!  :)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Made these with the intention of giving them to my 2 year old daughter however she is having some mild reactions to tree nuts (cashews, walnuts) and so we thought it best to avoid giving her these since they have pine nuts. Getting tested at hospital in a few weeks for what allergies she has specifically.

Anyway I had them and they were a mild cheesy pesto-y flavour but not something I would probably make again since little ones can't have them.

Served with the pesto made to use in this mixture.

Here's a photo: