Author Topic: Cauliflower Salad with Rocket and Walnuts (with photo)  (Read 7322 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Cauliflower Salad with Rocket and Walnuts (with photo)
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:55:52 am »
Hi everyone,

It's been a while I wasn't around.
I went to visit my hometown Istanbul. This time we found time also to visit marvellous Cappadocia which is located in central Turkey.
We were back in the beginning of April but I always had something else to do so I couldn't get back on track.
Nowadays I am busy with our small garden, I still need to prepare the land before I plant anything
I also have a DYI project for vermicomposting.. We prepared an DYI box and placed our worms inside. We will see how this is going to turn out ! ;)

See you around..

Ingredients:
450g cauliflower, in small florets
500g water
30g rocket
20g extra virgin olive oil
15g cider vinegar
Salt
30g walnuts

Preparation:

Put water in TM Bowl.
    Place cauliflower florets in Varoma Bowl.

According to how crunchy you like your cauliflowers cook them for 15 - 20 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Speed 1. Set aside.
    Empty TM Bowl.
    Wash and dry rocket salad.
    Transfer cauliflower in a serving bowl.
    Chop rocket and add to the cauliflower.
    Mix oil, vinegar and salt for 10 seconds on Speed 3. Dress salad with the sauce.
    Chop walnuts for 5 seconds on Speed 4-5. Add into salad.
    Mix all and serve.

Enjoy...

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.it/2013/04/cauliflower-salad-with-rocket-and.html

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
Re: Cauliflower Salad with Rocket and Walnuts (with photo)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:17:24 am »
This looks great farfallina. Thank you for sharing. I (usually) grow rocket so always on the lookout for rocket recipes.
Absolutely loved your latest blog. What a beautiful place and the Dark Church looks truly magnificent.

While I was at your blog I saw Çikolatalı Hafif Donut. They looked great too. Is there an English version of that recipe please?  ;D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 10:47:08 am »
Hi djinni373,

I hope you enjoy it.
Do you like pasta? You may find also this dish then. (Pennette with Shrimps, Rocket and Saffron)

How do you grow rocket? In your garden or in a container?
I would like to plant too if it is rewarding.

As for Çikolatalı Hafif Donut...
I don't know if you know the story of my blog but let me tell you in short
I started blogging when I couldn't find any Thermomix recipes in Turkish.
So I was writing in Turkish at first,
Then I wanted to reach and interact with more people so I started writing in english-
I live in Italy with an Italian husband so at last we added also Italian version :D
I publish every new recipe in three languages now.
I add english and italian translations for the old ones every now and then. There is still lot to cover though.
I noted your wish, I will do it as soon as I can ;)

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:09:16 am »
Thank you that looks good too. :) I grow rocket in the garden. Last year I had so much that I was making rocket pesto to use it all up. It is easy to grow here in Sydney. This year is different because I am still getting used to having a full time job and the garden has suffered.

Recipes in three languages. Wow. You are amazing. No rush for the conversion  ;D ;D ;D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“