Author Topic: Recipe review - chorizo & lentil stew, Meat on the Menu page 64  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
We'd been out to lunch today, so I wanted something a little lighter and easier for dinner tonight.

I've decided to cook mainly from the freezer and pantry for awhile, as I've way too much food in the house.
I also thought I'd try and use some of my TMX cook books that I never use.
My DH and I both love lentils, so I thought we'd both enjoy this dish.

I didn't use the 250g of chorizo as per the recipe (as chorizo is very fattening), instead I used half chorizo and half lean short cut bacon.  I sauteed the bacon with the onion and garlic at the beginning.  I also added some paprika to make up for the flavour of the missing chorizo.  Once it was finished cooking, I placed it into my thermoserver and stirred through some baby spinach - this wasn't in the recipe, but I add spinach to a lot of my dishes as we love it and it's good for you.

I served it with focaccia, made using the EDC recipe. 

This recipe was quick, easy and very tasty.  We both really enjoyed it.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe review - chorizo & lentil stew, Meat on the Menu page 64
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 11:21:30 am »
Great going on two fronts Katie, reducing your pantry/freezer stocks and trying some new recipes from the older books.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Re: Recipe review - chorizo & lentil stew, Meat on the Menu page 64
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:04:02 am »
I must make this again. I've barely looked at this book since I got it, always seem to use forum recipes.
Melbourne, inner north