Author Topic: Recipe Review: Guacamole Fast & Easy p. 35  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Recipe Review: Guacamole Fast & Easy p. 35
« on: March 12, 2013, 04:52:36 pm »
This is a very easy and very tasty guacamole.   I sometimes add a bit more chilli when I'm feeling brave

Offline teagg

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review: Guacamole Fast & Easy p. 35
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:14:30 am »
Katya
I agree - I did it recently, but substituted a bit of 'authentic' chilli in a jar (just chilli apparently), as I don't usually have them to hand in the kitchen... I think I probably could have added more, or would have preferred a real chilli...

another bit of advice I was given by one of my guests was to keep the avocado stone and pop it in the middle of the guacamole... apparently it helps prevent the avo from browning... admittedly this was advised AFTER the stone had been disposed of!

and lastly - despite having been out for a while and then overnight in the fridge and somewhat browned, it *still* tasted yummy the next day....

so a thumbs up from me too!
regards
Gillian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Review: Guacamole Fast & Easy p. 35
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:29:04 am »
If I can put my 2 bob's worth in here too, just learnt recently from a link CP posted in Household Hints that if you spray something like this avocado recipe with oil (I used Olive Oil) it keeps it from going brown for a few more hours.  I have tried it and it works.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.