Author Topic: Sausage & Apple Risotto (variation of recipe pge 146) My Way Of Cooking  (Read 4363 times)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
I have just made the sausage and apple risotto from the My Way Of Cooking recipe book. Although it tasted OK, there was absolutely no sign of the sausages or the apple when it was ready. So, basically, it was just flavoured rice, which, for a few mouthfulls was OK, but was a bit boring for a whole meal. I have checked and double checked the recipe and I followed it correctly, including using the reverse key etc.. Is this the way it should be? I hasten to add that I have never cooked a risotto before today (and won't be cooking one again) I'd welcome your comments..
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:36:17 pm by judydawn »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My Way Of Cooking
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:26:42 pm »
Don't give up on Risotto past94x as the TM is fantastic for cooking them and there are some fantastic recipes here on the forum..The apple and sausage recipe might just be a naff recipe. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 08:41:29 pm »
What a gorgeous British word CC-naff!! :) :)

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »
Risottos can be really nice served as a side the best ones I have found are the spinach and pumpkin and a marinara style which is on the Thermomix website. You can make any leftovers into risotto cakes and freeze them. I find it a great dish.
Please don't let one dissapointment spoil the TM effect.
Chief cook and bottle washer

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 10:25:27 pm »
My favourite is Chelsea's creamy garlic prawn risotto - I am not a real risotto lover but have done this one at least 4 times and for me that is a lot of revisits to a recipe.  The one you did sounds as if it would have been a nice accompaniment to some chicken or steak.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline past94x

• View Profile
Re: Sausage & Apple Risotto (variation of recipe pge 146) My Way Of Cooking
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 10:23:33 am »
Ok, I won't give up on them. Thanks so much for all your encouragement. I think, in hindsight, it might have been a good idea to have cooked a few sausage balls with pieces of apple, to go with the risotto. Then it wouldn't have been so bland. Admittedly, it was cooked very well and tasted nice, just boring. Once again, the cavalry have come to the rescue. What would I do without you?