Author Topic: Hello from a new Canadian TMX fan!  (Read 7707 times)

Offline SuperGirl

• (aka Natalia)
    • View Profile
Hello from a new Canadian TMX fan!
« on: January 03, 2013, 03:30:22 am »
Hello All!

I just wanted to take a quick moment (as my bimby bread dough rises!) to introduce myself to all you thermomix forum users.

I brought my bimby home with me to northern Alberta (Fort McMurray to be exact) shortly after Christmas, and let me tell you we have been busy! I was always intrigued by the thermomix since I saw it perched on my Mom's counter when I came home for a visit in 2009. After years of snacking on delicious TMX made goodies and the odd pushing of buttons myself - I just had to have one! My Mom lives on the west coast of Canada and may be known to some of you as the blogger behind superkitchenmachine.com

This forum looks like a great place for a newbie to spend some time and I look forward to sharing delicious recipes and inspiration with all of you. I feel a warm welcome to the thermomix world already :-)

Running back to the kitchen now!

Natalia
My mom's been talking & blogging about this machine
for years... it's about time I got my own Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenMachine.com

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Hello from a new Canadian TMX fan!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:47:30 am »
Hi Natalia,  A warm welcome to the Forum.  Yes, we all know and love your Mum, Helene and I know that many of us follow her great blog.  Great to have you with us as well.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:52:52 am »
Hi Natalia - a very warm welcome to the forum - so glad to have you along!  Now that you have a TMX of your own you're going to wonder what you did without it!

Try here for a list of things to start off with . .      http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=10413.0 
Tried and true recipes that you'll love!

Your Mum's a treasure - quite a legend!!  I'm sure she'll be on hand to give you all the help you'll need . . and, of course, we'll all be here, too!  No question, query, comment too small or too large! ;D

We look forward to hearing more from you and getting to know you . .  :D

Offline SuperGirl

• (aka Natalia)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:15:58 am »
Thanks so much for the hellos and the support!  And thank you for the link goldfish I will check that out...

Yes, as you would expect Mom is on speed dial! She has had some good phone calls from me, standing in front of the TMX over the past few days :-)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 04:20:04 am »
Well blow me down and call me mulch I never knew Helene had a lovely daughter. Welcome to the forum Natalia. At least in Fort McMurray you won't have the  roach problem we have in the tropics. I don't think they like the freezing weather that much. Also you can make easy sorbets using the snow  on your doorstep!

I hope your mother has sent you home with scrubbies and spatulas as well as  some great recipes.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. I can't believe you are already stuck into the bread making. You will be very popular in the neighbourhood.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 04:37:59 am »
Well my head is spinning! Yes, I have a daughter and yes is is LOVELY in SO many ways!  :-* :-* :-* But sadly she is a very adult daughter who lives thousands of miles kilometers away :'( But the happy thing is that after three years of hearing me talk about nothing but TMX on every visit home, this year she finally decided she wanted one! WOOHOO!!!  :o :o I don't want to be a pushy mom, so am letting her go at her own speed... as long as she joins the forum, I am happy.  ;D :-* ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:41:29 am by ThermomixBlogger »
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline SuperGirl

• (aka Natalia)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 05:04:37 am »
Hi Gertbythesea!

Thanks for the hello! Yes its true what Helene says - I'm her babe, but all grown up and a little to far away for weekend visits :-(

No roaches here although we do have these little critters we lovingly call "tar sand Beetles"and I bet they are almost as nasty!

I love the idea of snow sorbet! Maybe once I practice my skills I can make a recipe ;-) there would be plenty to go around here I'd say we a pushing 3 feet of the white stuff....

In regards to the scrubbies and spatulas I didn't want to brag but I'd like to think, hope and pray I have a lift time supply! With the recent bread making that brush saves the day for cleaning....

See you 'round Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 05:50:29 am »
Hi Natalie, welcome to the forum.  How lovely for us all to meet Helene's lovely daughter - my DD has a TMX too but is too busy to join the forum and probably wouldn't want everyone to know I was her Mother either  :-))  Well, that may not be entirely true as she was the one who introduced me to the machine and just loves how it has given me such an interest here and how I have made so many new friends as well.

You will have to come up with some great recipes and send them to Helene for inclusion on her blog - only the very best recipes get posted there though so you will have to come up with something very special  ;)

Have fun with your TMX and enjoy our forum as well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 07:40:45 am »
A very warm welcome Natalie. It is lovely to have you with us. Your Mum is such a wonder woman, but then you would already know that. I can't imagine snow as you describe it being in Perth, Western Australia. Looking forward to hearing lots more from you and I hope the bread turned out well. :)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 09:55:02 am »
Another warm welcome to the forum Natalie from the UK. ;D Your Mum is a great friend to the forum and it's wonderful to have you here too :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 12:09:23 pm »
Hi Natalie and welcome to the forum. How awesome is homemade bread! I too love your mums blog and tmx accessories. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences. Have fun :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »
Hello and welcome Natalia, lovely to have you here! Your mother is an awesome woman, and I'm sure you would have inherited some of that awesomeness too ;D
You're very enthusiastic, jumping into the bread making! We've had thermie for years and I've probably only made five loaves! Can't wait to hear what else you cook :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 01:26:48 pm »
Welcome SG, glad you have bought a TM (you must have driven your mum crazy in the interim I feel sorry for her, but children never listen) now that you are here, hold on to the MC cup because you be on the biggest ride of your life
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline SuperGirl

• (aka Natalia)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »
Thanks everyone for the hellos!

Like you say Judy you don't just get a thermomix when you open the box it opens the door to new friendships also!

Cookie I can only dream of the weather in Perth, anything above zero degrees sounds lovely right now! Heck I'd do a happy dance for plus 1 ;-)

Cornishcream, thanks for the warm welcome form the UK - trying hard to follow in my Mamas footsteps!

Kimmyh like you I love the homemade bread! And finally I'm realizing how awesome the accessories are. I must admit I didn't fully understand the greatness of that little brush, scrubby or spatula until I tested them all out with the bimby and yah, I must say my Mom is onto something with those tools - they sure do the trick!

Amy I think it's time I expand my horizons - I've probably already made 5 loafs and little else (not sayin' its a bad thing! Haha) I'm thinking is forum will help me get a lot more inspiration :-)

Creampuff - I'm hanging on tight and so far loving the ride!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, I'm feeling the love from the TMX community and it's so great....now, what to make today?

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 10:12:46 pm »
Another warm welcome to the forum Natalie from the UK. ;D Your Mum is a great friend to the forum and it's wonderful to have you here too :)

All this and more. You will be welcomed to the forum with open arms, and I hope you enjoy your Thermy journey.

Happy cooking
Cheers DJ