Author Topic: CHILLI LIME CRUMB (In the Mix)  (Read 4777 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
CHILLI LIME CRUMB (In the Mix)
« on: December 08, 2012, 04:41:43 am »
This is a fantastic sounding recipe for chilli Lime Crumb used for coating calamari or chicken -( page 206 In the Mix) contains 20 kaffir limes leaves :o :D

The recipe says it makes about 3 cups so thought it would be good to include in  Christmas hampers.  Will do it this week, but was wondering if anyone has already made this and what did you think of it . . . .

Variations (leaving out rice flour etc) are said to be good on honeydew melon etc.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: CHILLI LIME CRUMB (In the Mix)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:33:24 am »
Made this yesterday and it filled 3x 250 ml jars. The most time consuming part was collecting and deveining the 20 kaffir leaves and zesting the 6 limes :-)
I only had 440 gm of rice instead of the 500. This is ground into flour to add to the spice mix. Thought I'd add 60 gm of rice flour at the end but forgot but didn't seem to make a lot of difference .

Gave 1 jar to a neighbour to try. Took the lid off 1 jar last night just to have a sniff.. And OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Going to try it on some chicken tonight... If the taste is anywhere as wonderful as it smells that book will be worth it just for this!!

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: CHILLI LIME CRUMB (In the Mix)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 06:16:55 am »
I hope it is good, it sounds delicious.