Author Topic: Fruity Chicken Salad with Minted Orange Dressing - Merry Christmas  (Read 7811 times)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Re: Fruity Chicken Salad with Minted Orange Dressing - Merry Christmas
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 09:16:36 pm »
How long do you think this dressing will last in the fridge?   I have some that has been there over a week - still smells fine - and was wondering if it would be OK to use tomorrow?
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 01:05:38 am »
How long do you think this dressing will last in the fridge?   I have some that has been there over a week - still smells fine - and was wondering if it would be OK to use tomorrow?

Personally I think the dressing goes a little bitter after a day…so like to use it all up first go…but it should keep well. It wont go off. But just the flavour of the mint becomes a little acidic and bitter…(a lot like me with age!)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 01:16:02 am »
I know I am a pest Tenina but maybe another note that could be included with recipes - how long to keep dressings. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 06:33:58 am »
Thanks Tenina - mayabe my taste buds arent that sophisticated, because I have been using it on my lunch for work every day this week - just throwing together some salad stuff with some left over roasted chicken meat, and the left over dressing.  Still absolutely delicious!  I cant taste any bitterness at all  ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 05:25:57 am »
Just bringing this one to attention again; we had it for Christmas lunch with other meats. I used cooked chicken as others have done and loved the dressing which we used up over the rest of the week; not bitter to us. Great summer salad especially if entertaining.