Author Topic: Keeping fit, staying strong  (Read 155666 times)

mcmich

Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #270 on: January 01, 2013, 12:13:04 pm »
All the best for a smooth hospital visit and a speedy recovery.  :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:53 pm »
Best wishes DGinO :-*

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 01, 2013, 08:29:11 pm »
Best wishes DGinO :-*

For you and your DD.

We had a good but very MUDDY walk today. 23 mins to get up a very steep hill, almost slipping back as we went up, good for cardio vascular system and 50 mins brisk walking altogether. Clear and bright, very cold wind.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 01, 2013, 09:56:24 pm »
I found my joggers, so i am going for a walk soon.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #274 on: January 01, 2013, 10:13:49 pm »
Sluggish 5k run yesterday pushing a cranky toddler! Got an awesome workour picking up hat, shoes and toys off the ground while running... NOT! The heat didn't help either. Pace was abysmally slow. Oh well. At least I could tick it off the plan.

This morning I got up early for my workout. But because this is my firat day at work, I was a little hesitant about going for a run - what is I don't have enough time to get ready for work? What if I feel too tired for work? The demons in my head kept telling me to stay put and move my run to the afternoon. But eventually I managed to silence them and have not regretted my decision to lace up and head out.

I smashed a 10k hills workout in perfect running weather: cool but sunny. I ran around the base of Mt Ainslie, maintained a slow but even pace throughout and only stopped for a couple of drinks and to marvel the group (gang? herd?) of kangaroos crossing my path. They move so gracefully, I think spotting them gave my run a bit of a boost, too.

The only downside of this fantastic morning is that I may have pulled a muscle charging downhill. I wanted to give my quads a workout, instead felt pain in my right buttock. Oh well, time to get that foam roller (or book that massage). Tomorrow is rest day!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 01, 2013, 11:18:45 pm »
Well done thermilove, sounds like you are going great. I'm having a few days rest as feeling very sluggish, I think all the guests, cooking, cleaning and setting up for parties as well as work has all got to me. I have a PT session on Friday so think I will take it easy until then. The family are all going away for a week so I should be able to train each day they are away.

Best wishes DGinO.

Great job DJ.

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2013, 11:40:27 am »
I forgot to share: I have updated my blog, it has a new look and a new domain. Please check out www.rundhitrirun.com and follow my journey to my first marathon :) I will try to post at least once a week.

Offline Dublin Girl in Oz

• View Profile
Re: Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2013, 11:27:27 am »
Well had surgery at 6pm yesterday and up and walked a little today - attached to Iv and leg pumps (DVT preventers) but hopefully will loose them all tomorrow and start lapping the ward level - although I was pretty bugger today after my few steps! Aim to be home by Tuesday fingers crossed!
Thanks for the good wishes.  Dublin girl
Sylvia - Melbourne

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2013, 11:32:03 am »
That's incredible news DG!! I take my hat off to you!! I do hope everything goes very smoothly from now on and that you're home as soon as possible. All the best and good luck!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2013, 11:43:56 am »
I had to go back quite a few pages Dublin Girl to find out what you were in hospital for.  Glad to hear you are up and about - gee they don't waste any time these days having you up and walking.  Good luck with it all - a lot of people go into rehab and not straight home from hospital - is that not an option for you?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2013, 12:02:10 pm »
Wow great news DG. All the best with your recovery.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2013, 02:11:43 pm »
Great to hear you are up and about DG, have a speedy recovery.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2013, 10:44:25 pm »
Fingers crossed that all goes well for you Dublin Girl! :-*

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2013, 02:11:45 am »
DG in Oz it sounds like everything went well, I like Judy had to go back to see what you were in for Hip , well Hip Hip hooray it is over and now to get going pain free I hope for you.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2013, 02:43:37 am »
Hope all goes well for you Dublin Girl :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url