Author Topic: Coriander Chilli Paste F&E Indian Cooking p128  (Read 5315 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Coriander Chilli Paste F&E Indian Cooking p128
« on: October 13, 2012, 07:44:20 am »
I found a huge bunch on the sale table of one of the local fruit/veg shops yesterday and couldn't resist it.  It's the usual case of - get home . . ."now what do I do with it!" ;D

I've been thinking of making this paste for a while, so with memory jolted,   whizzed it up (literally!) this afternoon and it is now in the freezer in an icecube tray.  I love the taste - no tweaks needed!  I love coriander and I love chillies - so this is a marriage made in heaven for me. 

The book recommends adding a teaspoon or two to hommus for extra flavour -

At first I thought the whole chillies (i.e., without being deseeded)  might make it too hot - weight of 50 gm was exactly three long green chillies with just the tops removed - but the taste is just superb!  The most time consuming part was washing and drying the coriander!  After that and lining up the other ingredients, it just took 2 minutes in the TMX.  5/5 from me!     :D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Coriander Chilli Paste F&E Indian Cooking p128
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 08:46:28 am »
Was it very hot?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:06:22 am »
Sounds like it would be a lovely flavour boost Goldfish, will check it out.  :D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:56:53 am »
Was it very hot?

No Cuilidh - I didn't find it too hot - which I must admit surprised me . . . just a nice kick to it.  It's also referred to as a green chutney - so you could use it like that . . or add it to other things as a flavour boost as JulieO says. . .  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 12:12:23 pm »
Thanks for the first review of this one goldfish, I must have made this recipe when I first got my Indian cookbook and I had a good year with my homegrown coriander.  It would have had to have been for one of the recipes in the book but my DD has the book at the moment so I have no idea which one.  I still have 9 cubes of it in the freezer, goodness knows how long they have been there.  Guess I should just throw them into anything to get rid of them or bin them perhaps.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.