Author Topic: Recipe Review - EDC Tzatziki Dip  (Read 7649 times)

Offline JAM

• View Profile
Recipe Review - EDC Tzatziki Dip
« on: October 01, 2012, 01:06:52 pm »
Made this dip over the weekend for our Football Finals BBQ.

Was so easy to make, but thought it was missing something flavour wise, maybe it needed more mint or another herb/spice added to it?

Had a few comments from guests that the garlic was overpowering (whoops!), however, I think I only used 2 cloves - so next time I might use less or pre cook the garlic.

3.5/5

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - EDC Tzatziki Dip
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 02:44:03 pm »
Hi I also made this yesterday. It was very runny dripped off the crackers!!! Too much garlic and not enough mint. I would alter the herbs and only add one clove of garlic. I think mine could have done with more cucumber also. I'd say how it is in EDc is 2.5/5

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:17:10 pm »
Here's a version by Thermomixer . . .haven't tried this but any of his recipes that I have tried have worked beautifully . .

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com.au/2008/07/thermomix-tzatziki.html

Offline LizzieM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:37:20 am »
I found the same with the EDC version...very runny result. But have strained the yoghurt as Thermomixer does, and made Tzatziki with a similar recipe(no oil) with good results!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 03:30:25 am »
I use the George Calombaris recipe but using the method from the EDC. I also used my strained homemade greek style yoghurt which is very thick. If you do a google search you will find quite a few different recipes but I think I got this one from his cookbook.

1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and grated
400g thick Greek-style yoghurt
3 cloves garlic, roasted and pureed
30ml white vinegar
40 extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dill, shredded
salt to taste

Sprinkle the cucumber with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Leave grated cucumber overnight (or at least a few hours) in colander to extract excess juices.
Place yoghurt, garlic, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and dill into a large bowl.
 Squeeze liquid from cucumber and add to yoghurt.
Mix well and season to taste.