Author Topic: New Oven suggestions  (Read 39413 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: New Oven suggestions
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2014, 01:08:35 pm »
How frustrating Marie.  I have decided on Miele also.  I have been amazed that after the fantastic demo nobody has phoned with the hard sell.  I certainly expected some pressure.  I will have plenty of time on my side, unfortunately!
Denise

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2014, 12:27:28 am »
CC, it is terribly frustrating not having an oven, but I am glad the decision has now been made.  Just have to wait  ???

Bedlam, good luck with yours.  I feel after the last two days that because Miele have a set price nationwide and only discount when they choose or if you are ordering two or three of their products there is no real effort put in to selling by the sales staff at store level.  The money has to be paid direct to Miele before they will ship and the frustrating part is how long it takes to arrive at the store. In other words, if you want a Miele, you wait for it.   They won't ship direct to a residential address and that alone will cost us another week.   The store staff have virtually no product knowledge.  It ended up the Miele was the only one that fitted in the cavity as in the 12 years since the house was built the sizes and regulations have changed  and we don't want to have to change the kitchen.  Too old for that, this one has to see me out.  All the best with yours.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2014, 05:52:55 am »
I have a Miele rangehood in my new kitchen and they delivered to my home.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
New Oven suggestions
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2014, 11:21:20 am »
One thing my father in law has warned me about is the total wattage the ovens pull if pyroletic. He has had customers have to pay a restocking fee and return the oven unless they rewire their house to cope with the additional load.

I did a ring around today to investigate warranty/ repairs on the Scholtes. Our local repairer had never heard of them and the warranty lady said it would be .004% return. Going to check it out again this weekend.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2014, 09:20:16 pm »
One thing my father in law has warned me about is the total wattage the ovens pull if pyroletic. He has had customers have to pay a restocking fee and return the oven unless they rewire their house to cope with the additional load.

Very good point.  I continue to be unsure about which model I will go for as I think, due to space, I may still have to go to a free standing cooker, which is disappointing, but that's just the way of it, we can't always have what we want :(  :(
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2014, 11:24:21 pm »
I have had my pyroletic oven it is a Siemens and it is great for just a year now, but does anyone else find that they look dirty quicker than the normal oven and they say don't clean thenpm manually as it takes off the coating, you can't even wipe them clean as I did try and it is stuck on firm and I don't want to put on the auto cleaning too often , I don't know if I would bother with one again you still have to clean the racks by hand.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2014, 11:28:09 pm »
One thing my father in law has warned me about is the total wattage the ovens pull if pyroletic. He has had customers have to pay a restocking fee and return the oven unless they rewire their house to cope with the additional load
That is very good advice and will save people a lot of problems.   We found after we selected the model it was best to find the instruction manual for it online then read what was required re fitting/installation.  That will give you the kw (convert to amps for the wiring)  the oven will pull  and the clearances required.  The pyroletic model equivalent to the one we are getting does require more kw and maybe more clearance.  We would have certainly had to re-wire had we gone down that track with the self cleaning oven.  

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2014, 08:37:18 am »
I bought my oven today. Just have to wait for it now. I went with the scholtes.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2014, 09:55:51 am »
How exciting inaid.
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2014, 10:53:06 am »
Congrats INAID.How long a wait?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2014, 10:53:39 am »
Woohoo well done INAID.

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2014, 12:50:05 pm »
They said 2-3 weeks. But she said they always say that just to avoid disappointment. I'll say under two weeks. It's coming from Melbourne.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2014, 12:52:34 pm »
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's under two weeks ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Sueperbabe

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2014, 09:53:52 am »
My goodness, this is the forum to join! I am having a new kitchen and needing!! To have a new oven was looking at Miele as I have their dishwasher and love it. Might see if I can go to a demo.

• View Profile
Re: Re: New Oven suggestions
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2014, 03:35:12 am »
Look what I picked up today :)