Author Topic: New Oven suggestions  (Read 39380 times)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: New Oven suggestions
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2014, 11:04:15 am »
Great review. The demo sounds almost as good as a tmx demo.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2014, 11:29:29 am »
Worth going just for the feed.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2014, 12:45:15 pm »
Thanks Denise. It is good to read a review. Miele are one of the few that do this so it is worth checking out. Hopefully I won't be in the market for a new oven for many years.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2014, 12:11:51 pm »
So we are still without an oven which is rather putting a dent in my cooking repertoire. We went into Harvey Norman last weekend and were annoyed by a salesperson who you could tell just wanted to close the sale and had no idea about baking and the ovens. I called in quickly on the Monday hoping he wouldn't be there. But no he came straight over. Urgh! I am thinking Miele and budget was originally about $2500 so was thinking the pyroletic. But DH said to me tonight you spent 2k on the Tmx surely we can spend more on the oven lol. Got to love him. But seriously I have no idea on the differences between the ovens. There is a thread on whirlpool where people have imported them and saved 50% maybe I'll get to another store Monday.

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2014, 01:26:53 pm »
An update. I was almost ready to buy a Smeg 75cm oven when I started searching smeg reviews. No end of hassle. So I'm totally scared of them now. I do not want to be paying for parts at 2yrs and 1 day old.

Miele are too small internally. Which is a real deal breaker.

I'm sold on the scholtes. Not a lot of info available on them. But  large inside, 3 telescopic rails, rotisserie, Pizza stone and paddle, 5 yr warranty. But the big one... Oven can be divided in two. Can cook sweet in top, roast in bottom. Different temps and no cross flavouring. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hD4ZyKgQI4

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2014, 01:27:57 pm »
Oh and the eight reviews online are all 5/5. Only sold at select places. Not the run of the mill Harvey Norman etc.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »
INAID... Thanks for this... If it does everything it claims I'm sold, too! Need to eventually replace a 25+ year old gas stove . A gas stove top a d an oven like this and I'd be in 7th heaven ;)

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2014, 04:40:14 am »
GF have a look at the highland stove top. That's what I'll buy when ours dies. It's Australian made and unbelievably good.

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2014, 04:47:57 am »
Thanks for that tip, too, INAID!!  Will certainly have a look!!  :-* :-*

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2014, 04:55:10 am »
INAID - just had a quick search and an outlet for both the oven and the cooktop is just down the road (about 2 kms!) . . .Will pop in as soon as I get a chance!  Thanks again! :D

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2014, 12:00:08 pm »
Fantastic! It's exciting shopping isn't it. Are you also going to look at the Scholtes?

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2014, 12:05:46 pm »
Yes , ,  it seems they have that, too!  ;D

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2014, 12:33:02 pm »
Someone also suggested the Asko Ichef to me. But again only two reviews and both were bad to start one was corrected. It has a touch screen. But the thing that turned me off is 2yr warranty. Was also told to look at AEG they have a 5yr warranty like scholtes. Really thinking we will go scholtes though.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2014, 09:44:41 am »
Well after two very frustrating days looking at ovens (yes my oven died at the weekend)  I now have to wait 2 weeks to get a replacement oven.  Apparently the stores don't stock Miele ovens.  The area where the oven has to go limits what we get but now the decision has been made, oven paid for, now have to wait.  Silly me thought it would be as simple as picking a model of oven, contacting store and going and getting it or just waiting a few days.   No, not that easy.  Staff at the stores have no idea what they are selling, spent two very frustrating days trying to find out about the electrical fitting of the said oven, we were  given incorrect information.  In the last 12 years when every appliance in the house was new we have had to replace 7 of them.  For those that are building, be prepared to replace any built in appliances in the future. 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2014, 09:49:25 am »
Good news that you have bought a new oven Marie  ;D It must be frustrating not being able to bake.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.