Author Topic: Chocolate Raspberry Brownies (GF)  (Read 13036 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate Raspberry Brownies (GF)
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 08:50:57 am »
Oooh do I have time to make these tonight I wonder? One of the families we're going away with have 3 coeliacs, they'd love these! Think I might have some buttermilk in the freezer - did you use buttermilk Amy, or something else in case I don't have any on hand?
You could use a buttermilk substitute: to 1 cup of milk add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar. :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:46:30 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 11:20:49 am »
All good, I did have buttermilk, just had a taste and they are yum! Can't wait to see what my friends think of them.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 01:35:07 pm »
Thanks for the tip re making your own buttermilk CC. I want to make these but wasn't keen on buying a bottle of buttermilk just for one recipe. Now I have no excuses not to make these over the Easter break.
From Perth WA

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 03:14:21 am »
Took these away with us at Easter, spent the weekend with 3 coeliacs (including 2 kids), 1 fructose intolerant mum, and a bunch of others who eat anything! I was so pleased to be able to bake something that everyone could eat and they all loved them. My friend who is coeliac (as are 2 of her 3 kids) has asked for the recipe. She was very excited about the chickpeas, so much healthier for the kids!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 12:16:51 am »
This is amazing! Light, moist and healthy.  Everyone impressed with this brownies served on our Kris Kringle.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:07:04 pm by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Chocolate Raspberry Brownies (GF)
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 06:33:05 am »
ES, thank you for this recipe. It is yum. Love the raspberries with the rich choc.
Denise