Author Topic: Habanerosauce tabasco style  (Read 82199 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Habanerosauce tabasco style
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2012, 09:51:05 pm »
Wow stand by with som icy cold milk! :-)) :-))

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline stef

• my favorite monkey in antwerp zoo
    • View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2013, 08:21:06 am »
Gert, i made this so often now and now i am the stage that i use more and hotter chilli's then before. I love it :) berween the two of us we use more then 2 750 ml bottles a year, not counting all the other chili i use to spice up our lives :)
Live life to the fullest

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2013, 09:05:39 am »
You can never  have too much chilli! Was just given  five branches of birds eye chilli plant. Have removed all the chillies. Am drying some and using the others to make a chilli jam.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2013, 12:44:10 pm »
With a brother & father with an insane love for hot hot hot food, this has been on my list to make since getting TM & seeing it on the forum.  Made it tonight & I think turned out pretty good the test will be on my Dad tomorrow ... thanks for the recipie  :)

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2013, 01:16:31 pm »
With a brother & father with an insane love for hot hot hot food, this has been on my list to make since getting TM & seeing it on the forum.  Made it tonight & I think turned out pretty good the test will be on my Dad tomorrow ... thanks for the recipie  :)

Very Nice! Keep me posted!  I would love to hear what their think of it!
Live life to the fullest

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »
I made this last week and had to wait for DH to do the taste test as I am not a chilli lover.  Anyway, it has successfully passed the 'sufficiently hot' test with flying colours so it is now bottled and labelled as "Fairly Feisty Hot Sauce" and will be going into Xmas hampers.

Thanks for the recipe Stef.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 08:57:09 am »
I made this last week and had to wait for DH to do the taste test as I am not a chilli lover.  Anyway, it has successfully passed the 'sufficiently hot' test with flying colours so it is now bottled and labelled as "Fairly Feisty Hot Sauce" and will be going into Xmas hampers.

You are so welcome..  I use this sauce every day.. If you want it hotter, add more habanero or use ghost peppers instead :)

Greetings

Stef
Live life to the fullest

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2013, 09:51:33 am »

Thanks for the update Marina ;) My DB loves anything hot,so might make some or him.He loves Chookie's Pear,Lemon and Cardamon Chutney.I think it's hot but he says it's mild :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2014, 01:31:25 pm »
Well girls and boys, i did again..  I made a new version of this sauce, now using a new kind of yellow peppe that is way hotter then habanero. Forget " red hot" yellow is the new hot.. A 100 times stronger then tabasco, at least
Live life to the fullest

Bonsai

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2014, 02:04:20 pm »
Oh Stef, they look like habaņeros  - do they have a name ?

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2014, 10:06:57 pm »
OMG Stef you have done it again. Wonderful. You should post more often. I see some of the wonderful food you cook on FB and feel sad you live so far away.  I bet you would love some of the tropic and exotic flowers you see in my back yard and I would bring some to you when I get  the dinner invite!

Sadly we Aussies don't but Belgium on our travel roster very often but one interesting fact is the there is  a lot of property owned  by Belgians in Cairns!

Miss you.

Gert

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2014, 12:16:39 am »

I'm wondering the same thing.  I plan on making this as my husband is a chili head but can someone please tell me if cane sugar is what we call granulated sugar on North America?  Granulated sugar being that normal everyday white stuff.  Thank you!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2014, 12:25:39 am »

I'm wondering the same thing.  I plan on making this as my husband is a chili head but can someone please tell me if cane sugar is what we call granulated sugar on North America?  Granulated sugar being that normal everyday white stuff.  Thank you!

I think Stef  is saying use sugar from sugar cane which is ordinary granulated sugar but raw would do, as opposed to sugar made from other sources like coconut sugar which is all the rage down here.

Aussies also get confused about plain flour being all purpose flour as is in the US.

Gert

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2014, 01:33:13 pm »

I think Stef  is saying use sugar from sugar cane which is ordinary granulated sugar but raw would do, as opposed to sugar made from other sources like coconut sugar which is all the rage down here.

Aussies also get confused about plain flour being all purpose flour as is in the US.

Gert

Thank you for the explanation.  Looking forward to making this.  We have an electrical outlet on our balcony and given the warning about the fumes, that might be a good place to make this.:)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2014, 09:39:10 pm »
Good plan Elsie!

Gert