Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035723 times)

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #20730 on: July 20, 2017, 08:06:33 am »
That would have been pleasing cookie, nothing worse than having to find where the problem is.
Took the dogs for a morning walk, did my thing at the nursing home then had a hair cut on the way home.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20731 on: July 20, 2017, 10:34:58 am »
Snap, Judy. We both had our haircut today. Our hairdresser as a kid I taught at my first school. He now has GC.
We had a really bad time with the traffic in Melbourne. . It normally takes us less than 2 hours, but today more than  3. I had my annual check up for Breast Cancer. 11 years now and all clear.
Cookie, you are wonderful for doing MIL's book work.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20732 on: July 20, 2017, 05:04:18 pm »
Good work on balancing your MIL's accounts Cookie. ;) Met a friend for coffee this morning at a Garden Center. They have a Pet Shop there so bought Chance's dog food. I then bought tomato fertilizer and two pretty hanging baskets. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #20733 on: July 20, 2017, 08:13:53 pm »
Chookie, Melbourne traffic is horrendously chaotic just now, and will remain so for the next couple of years whilst constructon of the metro train underground sysem continues.  I am having to re-think several of the roads I habitually travel on because of closures and re-directions.  It might be worth looking at coming down on the train and using the trams. 

You and Judy remind me that I really must make a hair appointment as well, something that is long overdue.

OBBIE:  take note for when you come down, and plan around public transport in the CBD area.  The city roads are a nightmare!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20734 on: July 20, 2017, 09:26:13 pm »
Marina, thanks for the advice on transport. The main problem yesterday was a motor cyclist had been hit by a truck. They had closed off a road and the truck was still sitting in one of the lanes. It took us 30 minutes to travel 1/2 a k. Wouldn't  even think of using trains as most of our business in Melb. is on our side of the city so don't usually have to deal with the traffic too much. Also the trains seem to be pretty unreliable. We like the independence of the car so will have to put up with the traffic on the few occasions that we come to Melb.
Tomorrow is the Creswick Swap. I have promised some jars with SD starter and instructions. We will have to be at the swap early as we are going out for lunch at  Gisborne. Will also make some Alaskan Hot Cakes for them to heat in the wood fire oven, for morning tea.
Sorry about the long post.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #20735 on: July 21, 2017, 12:51:54 am »
DS is in hospital at the moment after having a full knee replacement so we are going to visit him this afternoon.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20736 on: July 21, 2017, 08:18:34 am »
Sending best wishes to your DH Margaret.
Your posts can be as long as you like Chookie.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20737 on: July 21, 2017, 01:39:56 pm »
Good news from your Melbourne visit Chookie, even though the traffic was very slow.

Judy what is Eliott's friends name? Is he cute too. Margaret I hope DS recovers quickly. I believe knee replacements aren't much fun.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20738 on: July 21, 2017, 07:52:42 pm »
Best Wishes to your DH Margaret for a speedy recovery.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20739 on: July 21, 2017, 09:50:34 pm »
Mab, not much fun for DS. Hope he recovers quickly.
I see you are also having some very cold weather.
Today is the Community Swap at Creswick. I am taking Jerusalem Artichokes and 5 jars of SD starter, with instructions. Also some Alaskan Hot Cakes. I hope they will heat these in the Wood Fired oven.
Last swap, one of the members asked if she could exchange a Silky Chicken for some SD starter. I had to laugh as I don't think my feathered friends would like a silky. Generous offer though.
For those who came to Cherokee when C C visited, we are having lunch with Bruce and Mandy.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20740 on: July 22, 2017, 12:29:15 am »
Couldn't post a picture on here cookie, it's telling me it's too big.
You'll start a sour dough community in Ballarat Chookie.  Say hi to Mandy & Bruce.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20741 on: July 22, 2017, 12:24:35 pm »
Judy, will do.
Swap a bit disappointing today, but then it was so very cold out in the open. The people who asked for the starter didn't turn up. However it all was taken by interested people. They all mentioned the cost of buying SD bread.
They have a regular Wednesday night dinner. Hot roast meal with a self saucing Pud to follow. $6. They invited us. Will see.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20742 on: July 22, 2017, 12:43:45 pm »
Today DD and I went out to a days cooking class on Choux pastry. I was her offsider. We did cream puffs, eclairs, swans, cream puffs with a crumble sugar topping and various versions of putting these together.
I will post some photos. It was a fun day. I have been bad and had a couple to eat, but I know it is ok very occasionally.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20743 on: July 22, 2017, 06:18:31 pm »
A shame the swap was disappointing Chookie. It was good that people took your SD starter. They are in for breadmaking fun. ;)

The Choux Pastry class sounded fun Cookie. :)

We have DH brother and wife calling in to see us tomorrow. They sent DH a text earlier this morning asking whether we would be around. I've made a cake ;D and do course been tiding up around the house LOL.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20744 on: July 22, 2017, 10:46:49 pm »
Need to fill the biscuit tin. So many choices not sure what to make.
Cookie, that class sounds like fun.
CC, always a quick dash to clean up for surprise visitors.  :D