Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6098332 times)

Offline Katj

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17790 on: May 27, 2015, 03:32:09 am »
Chookie, I have never tried spinning, however my dear departed Mum used to be an avid spinner and used to knit scarves from the white wool coats that my Sisters Samoyed dogs would shed each year, very soft and warm.
TroupieI will be at the class on Friday 5th. Look forward to seeing you there.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #17791 on: May 27, 2015, 05:07:16 am »
one of our friends up the road spins her goats wool..
its a lost art. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17792 on: May 27, 2015, 09:14:08 am »
The trip to dentist went really well - just a check-up, scale and clean. Nothing a miss and the good thing is because it is preventive stuff all was covered by my health insurance.  ;D
My hairdresser has made me quite blonde this time. A bit lighter than I expected. Now I can just say I'm blonde rather than the alzheimer's is playing up.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #17793 on: May 27, 2015, 09:30:18 am »
Chookie I always planned to do spinning when I retired but now have so many other things on the go I will have to give it a miss; there were about 5 ladies at the craft show with their spinning wheels and they looked so relaxed sitting there spinning.

Looking forward to 5th Katj. 

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #17794 on: May 28, 2015, 12:52:32 am »
I have been really busy lately with cp and his tennis. We have our 2nd japanese girl and everything is going great. Our first girl was a great cook and I learnt a lot about japanese food, I had never really eaten it before as I thought it was all fish!!!! CP loves it too, we were on a cruise recently and he went to the japanese restaurant to hold the table for us as we were running late, we could not believe our eyes when we walked in, there he was cooking his hot rock chicken, beef & veg, using all the sauces and sipping on miso soup!! Enjoying himself totally!! 
I have not been using thermie much to cook in recently, chopping and making pastes but have been using the pressure cooker. I am trying to get inspired to use thermie properly again, I have just bought I love chocolate cookbook from HO. Had a trip up there last week with a friend, very impressed with the buildings.
Caught up with wheres wally(Emma)  last week, she came ove with 2 other friends and we had a pressure cooking morning, great fun, we made thai green curry paste in the thermie and used the pressure cookers to make the curry and also asian sort beef ribs.
Hope everyone is well and please inspire me.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #17795 on: May 28, 2015, 02:17:22 am »
Hi Hally, sounds like you have been busy and having a great time. Would love to hear more about your curries. I use our PC a fair bit and find it really brings the flavour out in curries.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #17796 on: May 28, 2015, 02:36:50 am »
Hi Hally, sounds like you have been busy and having a great time. Would love to hear more about your curries. I use our PC a fair bit and find it really brings the flavour out in curries.

Have emailed you a basic veg biriyani recipe.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17797 on: May 28, 2015, 03:04:41 am »
Hally if you like curries etc have a look at Skinnymixers book she has recently released. It is lots of delicious curries all for the thermomix. It's $15 or $8 for the ebook. (I think).
Make a few soups and breads for the winter months in your thermomix. There is a lovely recipe for Okinyami ( don't think it is spelled correctly) in In the Mix too. Nice Japanese food.
You could cook your such I rice in the thermomix too.
Lovely that you caught up with Emma.

Looking forward to the 5th too troupie and Katj. Hally do you want to come with us? I can take you. We leave my place at 9.15am and get back about 2/2.30pm. It's a fun day. The cost is $50 and the theme for this class is Winter Warmers. Pm me if you are interested, or anyone else too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #17798 on: May 28, 2015, 05:00:30 am »
Thanks cookie, have pm you.

Yes we love ooknomiyaki, I have In the Mix 2, will look. I havent even been making much bread, did naans for the tandoor, pizza dough and tortillas for enchiladas but not much else.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17799 on: May 28, 2015, 09:15:04 am »
Work today, hard to go back after 3 days off. After going casual I've really had this renewed love of nursing.
Had 2 really sick colorectal pt's today and felt I did a good days work and met their needs - doesn't happen often.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #17800 on: May 28, 2015, 09:49:00 am »
Michele,  this is win win.  Both for you and your patients.
Read you had your hair tinted. Bet it looks good.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17801 on: May 28, 2015, 01:04:43 pm »
Nice to hear from you Hally.  Sounds like you are keeping busy. I love skinny mixers curries check her out on Facebook and the web. Everyone loves her butter chicken and the massaman beef is yummy too.
Denise

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #17802 on: May 29, 2015, 06:11:20 am »
Nice to hear from you Hally.  Sounds like you are keeping busy. I love skinny mixers curries check her out on Facebook and the web. Everyone loves her butter chicken and the massaman beef is yummy too.

Thanks Bedlam, I have bought the e book and it looks good.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17803 on: May 29, 2015, 06:48:23 am »
Mich I'm certain you are a wonderful nurse and I'd happily have you caring for me. It's wonderful when you feel pleased with your work day. May you have lots more.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #17804 on: May 29, 2015, 07:16:22 am »
Mich, glad your new hours are suiting you better.

Bit rainy here in Newcastle so I redid my spice racks to add more containers.
Kylie