Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6087921 times)

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17145 on: January 27, 2015, 10:44:17 am »
I hope you got your nap Katj. I would have been out the door pretty quick too. Lol
Our cat brought in a mouse the other night and promptly dropped it in a empty box that I hadn't put in the recycling,  i was very brave and shut the lid and put my shoe on top and called for DH.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17146 on: January 27, 2015, 11:09:42 am »
That is brave Jeninwa. Ugh Katj what a gift to be given any time, let alone in the middle of the night. I'm not a fan of rats at all and like everyone else I would have been close behind you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #17147 on: January 27, 2015, 11:27:33 am »
Our cats like to bring us presents too. I'm happy to deal with the dead ones (mostly) but rely on DH or DD to deal with the live ones. I do dread the horrible smell that accompanies critters that have been bought in half alive and crawled away to die in some out of the way corner. I had to deal with a smell the day before we went on holidays, and of course it was in the messiest room in the house. On the plus side, the room is now tidy, but on the down side, the rodent was full of maggots.  Eew
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #17148 on: January 27, 2015, 11:54:01 am »
Yes, I got a good nap in thanks.  We have tried locking  Annie (cat) in at night, but she stops at nothing in order to wake us to let her out. Walks across our bodies,pats my face, rattles the blinds etc. she is a loving purry lap cat most of the time but has OCD when it comes to rodents.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17149 on: January 28, 2015, 02:31:29 am »
I was going to venture out into the heat and restock the food shelves, however HO just rang to say my TM 5 is coming home today, so I will wait. They have replaced one of the arms, the little lid thing a me, and done something or other to stop it switching off. Hopefully it is all fixed for good.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17150 on: January 28, 2015, 08:48:40 am »
Off to my upholstery class today.Taking some of the soup I made yesterday for my lunch as it going to be "brass monkey" weather later. It's going to get blowy with temperatures dropping :P
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: January 28, 2015, 08:50:38 am »
Stay warm Denise, soup will help.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17152 on: January 28, 2015, 08:54:29 am »
Thanks Judy :-* :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #17153 on: January 28, 2015, 09:37:08 am »
I would love some soup, it's just to hot here, stay warm, while we try to stay cool here in the west.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17154 on: January 28, 2015, 11:14:16 am »
I'm sitting in front of the TV at the moment watching T20 cricket. The Perth Scorchers are playing in the final against Sydney.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17155 on: January 28, 2015, 01:15:26 pm »
I'm sitting in front of the TV at the moment watching T20 cricket. The Perth Scorchers are playing in the final against Sydney.
We were at the game Cookie :) one of the best finishes I've seen (although I really wanted Brett Lee to get the hat trick)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17156 on: January 29, 2015, 05:03:39 am »
My babies seeing mum this morning so expecting further disruption.  He's an amazing little fellow very placid until he wants mama, can't talk but there is no doubt what he is saying.
We all love him already but he won't be with us long.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17157 on: January 29, 2015, 07:54:41 am »
We were at the game Cookie :) one of the best finishes I've seen (although I really wanted Brett Lee to get the hat trick)

You lucky thing. We were walking round as we couldn't stop still.  It would have been awesome to have Brett Lee get his hat trick as the first 2 were clean bowled. An incredible feat. I'm glad he didn't though. A couple of bad fumbles there near the end.

Bedlam he sounds so lovely. I'm glad he is seeing his Mum. She must be so happy about that.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #17158 on: January 29, 2015, 09:13:43 am »
Denise you are so wonderful to take in this little boy.  I take my hat off to you and your family xx
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #17159 on: January 30, 2015, 10:02:24 pm »
Morning all  :)...how is it already February tomorrow?!

My DS started high school on Thursday...has slotted in well, but boy, eats like a machine when he gets home!  Have doubled the lunch bag quantity as well & not a trace left.  Now I understand my friends saying they need a job to feed their boys  :P

DD in year 11 with VCE, & has come to the realisation the day before starting, and all books purchased....she wants to change schools  :o
She has valid reasons for this, but gosh...wish she had verbalised these thoughts prior to school holidays.  Anyway, I will be spending Monday on the phone, sourcing interviews & seeing if this can be a possibility, and if there is vacancies for the subjects she requires.
luckily the Melbourne Uni early scholarship program she was selected for, can transfer if she changes schools, as long as they are within our state.  Downside is, our options are now private schools...Hubby's going to have to make lots more hay & I will need to sell shedloads of candles & cupcakes  ;)  Regardless, you have to do all you can to help reach their goals, don't you.

Promised DD today to head out & purchase whats needed for making a terrarium.  A cute nursery has opened up not far, & sell all the plants, moss, accessories etc needed. 
Will pop in & see some of the boys cricket match, then need to get ingredients & bake cupcakes ordered for a 70th Birthday tomorrow.
Next week I have an engagement party order....my fingers are crossed she wants glitter  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!