Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6094020 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #16620 on: November 23, 2014, 05:46:38 am »
Lovely News MF.
Denise

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #16621 on: November 23, 2014, 09:07:07 am »
Great news MF. Congratulations to everyone.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16622 on: November 23, 2014, 09:50:20 am »
Congratulations on all accounts MF. It is very exciting news for you all. Another little one to be spoiled and loved.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #16623 on: November 23, 2014, 10:21:51 pm »
For anyone in Melbourne this week, we went to the Noodle night markets which are on at Birruyung Marr until Sunday and they were fantastic. We also went to them last year and there is over a 100% increase in the quality of the setup and the choice and quantity of food on sale. DH and I went on our own on Saturday night because DS wasn't interested and DD was already busy and we had one of the best nights in a long time, it helped that the weather was perfect until about 10.30pm when a cool change came in but by then we were happy to go home. The only downside was the alcohol prices were crazy, we are hoping to go again on Friday or Saturday and we'll smuggle in our own drinks. :o

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #16624 on: November 24, 2014, 01:16:35 am »
Feeling a bit lost at home today....my baby started school today! 😃😥 she is probably having a lovely time and her teacher is just great (she was also DS's first teacher at school), but it was so hard to leave her with a few tears quietly running down her face (and nearly mine too).
She'd usually have been at kindy on a Monday anyway, but it feels strangely different. 😉
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16625 on: November 24, 2014, 02:08:47 am »
I hope she settled in quickly Jo, I'm sure she will have plenty to tell you when you pick her up later.  Hugs  :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #16626 on: November 24, 2014, 05:57:48 am »
The Noodle Market sounds like a fun night Wonder.

Jo, hope it all went well for DD's first day of big school.  :)
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #16627 on: November 24, 2014, 08:31:42 am »
Spent the afternoon going through my sewing room and having a clean out.   There is so much fabric etc in there that I will never use so I'm going to take it to the op shop.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #16628 on: November 24, 2014, 08:37:56 am »
A women after my own heart mab.  :D

It's pretty, we paid money for it, we have stored it - not going to use it, donate it.  ;D
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16629 on: November 24, 2014, 09:23:05 am »
A big day for you and your DD Jo.Big hug :-* :-*

Very therapeutic to have a clear out Margaret. ;)

Good luck with your booze smuggling on Friday Wonder.I hope you remember the glasses :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #16630 on: November 24, 2014, 11:18:24 am »
I also have a stash of fabric I will never use and we will be downsizing in approx 3  to 4 years, so will soon be starting to sort through it all. There are lots of craft/quilting groups that make quilts etc for charity organisations. I think I will offer it to them.
I also have a big collection of quilting books. I may try and sell some of the those on Gumtree.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #16631 on: November 24, 2014, 08:26:35 pm »
Jo, hope DD settles in quickly.   :)  First days are always the hardest for both parents and child

Mab, a good job to get done.  I cleaned out my stash of fabric some time ago, still have a bit to do.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #16632 on: November 25, 2014, 12:05:54 am »
Yesterday went well for DD, thanks. She came bouncing out of class after school and went off today without no problems - I had to physically deliver her to the teacher, but then the teacher just said "off you go and sit on the mat" and away she went.  They have class swimming today which she is a bit nervous about, so fingers crossed that goes well. Her other swimming lessons have been very hit and miss.

I managed to slightly reduce my fabric stash by donating some to school for crafts, but still have so much....and then there's the wool stash! I am currently working on a knitted Jersey for myself from the stash, but that will barely make a dent! On the plus side, it is great to go stash diving to make presents - can go and pick something and get started straight away without spending a cent (only because I already spent those cents earlier, but never mind...) ;). There's not much in there I won't use at all, just not enough hours to do it right now.

I am in the middle of making another pencil case today (fabric from stash!) for my niece's 5th birthday.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16633 on: November 25, 2014, 12:12:09 am »
I no longer have a fabric stash. When we built this house 10 years ago I realised I would no longer be making clothes for anyone or Barbies I gave it all away. One thing less, but I have filled all the spaces with other things that I think are the necessities of life. They aren't of course.  8)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #16634 on: November 25, 2014, 12:14:58 am »
A bit more clearing out this morning but there is just so much of it.   I have 24 cross stitch books to get rid of if anyone is interested in them.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.