Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6088819 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15300 on: July 24, 2014, 01:06:29 pm »
I do miss being on here on a regular basis and keeping up with all that's happening. I need some new recipes to try as I'm getting bored with the ones I cook often. Once my thermomix comes back home to me then I will come on and print out some new recipes to try. I was just having a bit of a look now and seen a couple straight away that jumped out at me and sounded delicious. I miss the inspiration from being on here to try new recipes. I will try and get on here more often but will be hard when I'm supposed to be studying :). So of you see me on here too much then you know I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing lol. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: July 24, 2014, 01:06:44 pm »
Hi Mandi. Boy have you been busy. Good to hear that you are doing well considering the changes going on at the moment. Good luck with the course and looking forward to more caravan reno photos in the future. How's billy and the other birds.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: July 24, 2014, 01:13:06 pm »
Gee glad you can remember Billy. She's beautiful , I also now have a quaker named coco who is also gorgeous, he's a real chatter box and has learnt quiet a few word

I'm trying to teach Coco to say  Super-cali-fragilistic-expialidocious at the moment, he's got the first bit and says that often then mumbles the rest, he's only 5 months old so I'm sure he will get the rest by the time he's 1 year old. :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: July 24, 2014, 01:24:00 pm »
Mandi we have missed you so much.  Sorry about your split.  You have great kids and you will all survive. Do you think you might be able to spare an hour of so when we come to Hobart in October?  We can all use a hug.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: July 24, 2014, 01:27:49 pm »
Thanks Gert :) I have cancelled my accommodation for the ThermoFest but I would love to come down for a visit for a few hours to meet all you guys. What would be the best day for me to visit? I will book it in and block that day so I'm not working :)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: July 24, 2014, 01:29:38 pm »
Lovely to hear from you Mandi, and thank you for your update - it explains why you haven't been around lately. Your birds are gorgeous and very clever by the sounds if it. BTW, your choc chip bickies are still a favourite in our house.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: July 24, 2014, 01:30:14 pm »
Thanks for popping in Mandi, often wonder what you are doing and how that caravan is going.  I'm sure you will cope just fine on your own, you've always done jobs around the house that most women would leave for their husbands so apart from the emotional turmoil, everything will be fine I'm sure.  Hope the children are coping well but I daresay now it is going to be difficult for you to get away and join us in Hobart in October?  Wishing you all the best in everything you do and hope that diploma is yours before you know it.  Those clients are very lucky to have someone like you on their side.  Take care  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #15307 on: July 24, 2014, 01:38:59 pm »

Here's a few updates of the caravan rebuild process. I love standing back and admiring my work. It's what keeps me going is that feeling of achievement. :) which I'm sure you have all felt no matter how big or small the project. :). I have learnt so much along the way.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: July 24, 2014, 01:43:56 pm »
I don't know how you do it Mandi and I take my hat off to you.  Do the children help out in any way?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: July 24, 2014, 01:45:42 pm »
I finished the Model A budget today. Yay!  ;D :D ;D

You won't know what to do with yourself now Cookie but I think it's time for a bit of 'me time'.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: July 24, 2014, 01:52:27 pm »
The kids are pretty good especially my eldest daughter who helps me out heaps with looking after the younger two when I'm at work, I worked tonight and she cooked tea and cleaned up and put my youngest son to bed. My youngest daughter won't be at school this week because of her leg but hopefully will be back on Monday. As for other chores my eldest 3 often do their own washing including hanging them out bringing them in and folding. They will strip their beds and re make them. Some days I even get my house vacuumed without asking. Most of this has come about from me starting work and not having the time to keep up with everything myself any more. I think it's really doing the kids a world of good because I did everything for them before and they didn't have a chance to even learn to fend for them self. I'm very proud of my kids and what they do to help me out. Life is really good at the moment.
I am having 3 days off starting tomorrow which  I'm really looking forward too. First day will be catching up on a few chores around the house then I will be in the caravan for the other 2 days :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: July 24, 2014, 01:58:50 pm »
That's great to hear Mandi, it certainly makes your life easier.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: July 24, 2014, 10:04:15 pm »
Glad you are well Mandi, :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: July 25, 2014, 12:03:31 am »
Hi Mandi & nice to see you.

There must be more hours in your day than there are in mine!  You are superwoman  ;D

My TMX is also 3 1/2 years old and it went in for a service a couple of months ago, as I was getting the same 2 errors you mentioned.  All it needed was a small adjustment to the locking mechanism.  It was also given a service, internal clean and the scales were re-calibrated.  It didn't cost very much and I was really happy with the service given.  I hope your TMX comes back quickly and you can get back into cooking.

Take care xx
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:03 am »
Mandi makes me feel like a sloth!

Katie it is great that our Thermomix can be serviced and come back like new. They will rarely become land fill unlike the other  machines. They are built to last generations and worth every penny even though they are overpriced in Australia.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.