Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6077812 times)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14025 on: April 23, 2014, 01:34:55 pm »
Poor CP, Hally. My eldest and youngest fell sick in Singapore last year. It was a bad gastro that spread to all of us at various stages of our holiday. Sg was the last leg. My youngest vomited at Singapore Zoo and our friend's house. Both of the boys did not enjoy Universal Studios, whilst my middle boy had a blast there. He went on the stomach-churning Cylon roller coaster 7 times!!

Hope your CP recover very soon, so that he can enjoy the rest of the holiday 😃

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #14026 on: April 24, 2014, 12:35:21 am »
Its a real pain to be sick on holidays.

BZB how sad they didnt get to enjoy US.

Well he woke up saying I am not well, he has had a shower & feels a little better, so we think he can spend some time at the pool & if he is well enough we can go to resorts world for dinner.

Yes cookie, a list for next trip already.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14027 on: April 24, 2014, 03:04:57 am »
Well today has started better than the last couple. DH rang and politely enquired which 23d April the repairman was coming. They replied that it was the 24th.  :-)) :-))
We then received 2 calls in quick succession saying the repairman was on his way. When he arrived he said it was a common problem. He took the back off. Pulled out a little plug thing, replaced it with another and that was it.  ??? ??? ???
I don't know if anyone watches Checkout on Channel 2 but DD wanted to do an FU tube about the freezer. :-\ :-\

Now this afternoon I get to have a chat with the optometrist about double charging medicare for my eyes when they were checked not 2 month's ago. I am having fun being fierce. ;D ;D

Visitors soon, so that will be fun, I can be me and be nice. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline pennyp

• View Profile
« Reply #14028 on: April 24, 2014, 03:33:59 am »
Just phoned my consultant and she is hoping to pick up my thermi on Monday,  wish I hadn't ordered it with all the holidays looming.  It will probably arrive today at the post office but,  because of the holiday tomorrow Natalie won't be able to pick it up until Monday:( need more patience
Penny
Gold Coast, Australia

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14029 on: April 24, 2014, 04:26:52 am »
at work,

Penny why can't your consultant get it today for you... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline pennyp

• View Profile
« Reply #14030 on: April 24, 2014, 05:02:34 am »
My consultant is at work today and the post Office will be closed when she gets home Obbie :(
Penny
Gold Coast, Australia

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14031 on: April 24, 2014, 05:40:35 am »
what a shame Penny.

Oh well, go shopping and stock up ready to cook heaps on Monday.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #14032 on: April 24, 2014, 07:00:04 am »
  "Now this afternoon I get to have a chat with the optometrist about double charging medicare for my eyes when they were checked not 2 month's ago. I am having fun being fierce."

Cookie, I had the same problem. Spec savers, example is a franchise which is owned by the optometrists. They make their money on the check up. I had a prescription from an Ophthalmologist who is far more qualified than a optometrist and yet Spec savers  started saying things like , they cannot guarantee that the prescription will be accurate and I cannot go to them to get it fixed etc. Sheer scare mongering. I walked out in disgust.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14033 on: April 24, 2014, 07:43:34 am »
Yup Courton  people may not know that.

More than a quarter of a century ago, Specsavers was born on a table-tennis table in a spare bedroom of the Perkins family home. Optometrists Doug and Mary Perkins had a simple plan: to offer a wide range of stylish, fashionable glasses at prices everyone could afford, with no compromise on the standards of eye care.
From just two people with a dream, Specsavers has grown to become the third largest supplier of eye care in the world. The family-run company now employs over 30,000 people and supports over 1500 practices in ten countries around the globe, including Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Europe.

Doug and Mary Perkins have always championed local optometrists having an ownership stake in their practice. To this end, almost all Specsavers practices around the globe are part-owned by the local optometrist and dispenser and run as joint venture partnerships or independent franchise structures.
Specsavers offers customers fantastic choice in basic and designer frames to suit a range of budgets, with more than 1000 styles and colours made from the latest high-tech materials, including titanium and stainless steel. New styles are introduced regularly to keep pace with changes in fashion and technology.
For the past twelve years, Specsavers has been voted Britain's ‘most-trusted' brand of optometrists by thousands of readers surveyed by Reader's Digest, and has gained a reputation for offering quality products and great, personalised service at an affordable price.
Doug and Mary's goal in Australia is to enable local optometrists to combine their expertise in the consulting room with the power of the Specsavers supply chain and support services in order to offer customers the best possible professional eye care and value for money.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #14034 on: April 24, 2014, 09:14:08 am »
Been unpacking our 8 suitcases and trying to cook. Just got back late Tuesday night from family holiday in Oahu. Kids are getting back into home cooked meals.
Kylie

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14035 on: April 24, 2014, 09:26:56 am »
Thanks for the information. It was fun. They asked for my very old script, which I showed him. He said I will just do a quick check. Lo and behold my eyes are the same as the ophthalmologist said 1 month ago.  ??? ??? Talk about ripping off Medicare. I mentioned that and I didn't get a reply. I didn't sign any forms either.
So new glasses coming up in a couple of weeks.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14036 on: April 24, 2014, 10:53:43 am »
I was down at Glenelg babysitting today.  We cooked this morning, played snakes & ladders then went for a walk to the centre of Glenelg where we had chips and ice-creams, went to the library for a quick look (I couldn't believe how quiet my usually rowdy grandchildren were, not a sound from them  :o) after which they ran, yelled and rolled around Colley Reserve.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14037 on: April 24, 2014, 11:37:24 am »
Super photos Judy and look at the clear blue sky :)

Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14038 on: April 24, 2014, 11:47:45 am »
Looks and sounds fun Judy  :D
:D

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14039 on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:03 pm »
It was a lovely day today CC, perfect for school holidays.   I'll be doing it all again on Saturday night astarra - it's nice to be able to help out now when DD & SIL have a social engagement.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:19:44 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.