Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6098998 times)

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #16410 on: October 31, 2014, 01:27:51 pm »
That's lovely of you MF, have they ever used yours or have they only eaten food you've cooked in it yourself?

They have both used mine JD as have borrowed while we have been away. They actually both have had the "cheap Chinese copies" and DD's has lasted the distance and still going strong but DS's lasted 2 weeks!!!  Of course Target refunded his money and he said "never again only the real thing is worth having" so hopefully he will have a huge smile on his face tomorrow. I will offer one to DD1 after she returns from her trip to Bali. She is always busy and as her DD is a chef she only cooks a few nights a week. She also had a different cheapie but didn't like it so will wait and see. How can anyone not like a TM no matter what model? 

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16411 on: October 31, 2014, 07:46:25 pm »
Great shopping MF. I have not fallen instantly in love with my TM5 but it is early days. One thing I notice is that the blades are VERY sharp which makes me realise the ageing of my TM31.

I may have a play with it today and see if it charms me.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16412 on: October 31, 2014, 07:53:34 pm »
One thing I notice is that the blades are VERY sharp which makes me realise the ageing of my TM31.
Gert

Very true Gert.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16413 on: October 31, 2014, 08:02:56 pm »
MF - that was very generous of you and I'm sure those TMXs will bring a lot of joy!!  Can just imagine the family get togethers with all these machines in full swing!!  ;D ;D

Gert, would be very interested to hear what you think once you've had a play around with your TM5.   I'm fascinated with it watching it at demos, but still feeling a bit "narky" that more professional care is not being given to the publishing side - simply can't accept that there are errors on the chip.  If there were some way you could make changes on the chip to correct those, or upload your own recipes . . it'd be bingo!!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16414 on: October 31, 2014, 08:27:26 pm »
I agree GF. If I feel up to it I will play today. Haven't made ice cream in a while. So might give it a go .

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #16415 on: October 31, 2014, 09:33:04 pm »
Bedlam, sorry you had all those worries since returning.  Hoping that will be all for a while  :-*

MF, that is so lovely and I am sure they will appreciate your gift of a  TMX. 

Gert, be careful of those blades and hoping it goes well for you. 

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16416 on: October 31, 2014, 11:52:32 pm »
Great shopping MF. I have not fallen instantly in love with my TM5 but it is early days. One thing I notice is that the blades are VERY sharp which makes me realise the ageing of my TM31.

I may have a play with it today and see if it charms me.

Gert

It has many features I am loving but Some that don't seem as good to me.  I think maybe lots of safety built in.  I have my demo on Monday and look forward to comparing machines. 

How lovely MF, did you know the person who sold the 31's.  They will be thrilled.
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16417 on: November 01, 2014, 04:39:56 am »
Great MF, they are lucky. I like my TM5. still use my HMP too.
I just got my new thermoserver yesterday..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline naturalmumma

• View Profile
« Reply #16418 on: November 01, 2014, 05:52:22 am »
A lazy day here today no cooking so far or house work. I went to do some sewing this morning but machine is playing up so that will need to go in for a service so sat down & doing knitting while children play. I should sit down tonight & do meal plan for the coming week.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16419 on: November 01, 2014, 08:55:26 am »
Out with DD this morning. This afternoon called in on a friend for her birthday. Tonight going to my brothers for dinner
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Rotorchef

• This thing chops and slices too.....
    • View Profile
Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #16420 on: November 01, 2014, 09:03:44 am »
Quick Saturday project for MRSRC2 & I. After looking for an outside suit for the balcony and being hugely underwhelmed and rather shocked at the prices I thought we could tinker for the day...... This was the output from a days tinkering. All made from scratch, it just just needs to rest and "bleed" then it can all be sanded back and stained / preserved. It was an intentional design to have a bench seat and a planter box all in one. I think it works but I guess I'm biased.
Remember - the little blade at the rear goes really fast and makes a big mess. Stay away from it!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16421 on: November 01, 2014, 09:11:37 am »
Very nice RC. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16422 on: November 01, 2014, 10:13:37 am »
RC - I think that worked beautifully!!  A little business on the side?  think you'd do well!!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:55:04 am by goldfish »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16423 on: November 01, 2014, 10:21:37 am »
I agree RC, very nice.  What's next?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline naturalmumma

• View Profile
« Reply #16424 on: November 01, 2014, 11:13:34 am »
Wow RC that looks amazing well done